mitchell 300 series reel repair

Started by RichPak1, March 24, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f15h1n6

Man this forum is just choke full of great guys!

RichPak1

Thanks again fred. I agree with Irish Jigger. The generosity of people like you is what makes this website such a success. Ill let you know about my progress when I recieve the part. If you can tell me how much the shipping was I will get that right out to you.

Rich

foakes

Hi Rich --

Parts are scheduled to arrive at your address tomorrow, 4/03/14.

USPS tracking number is: 9114901123086578714575

Maybe when you have completed the reel, you might post some pics so everyone can share your progress.

This would give some folks an idea of the possibilities of servicing and repairing their own fishing reels.

The process isn't impossible -- and we all learn a little from every job completed to add to our bag of experience.

Most of the regular posters on this board (including me) would help with posting your pictures.

With best regards,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RichPak1

Fred,

I received the part a couple of days ago. I had a few other things on my plate so I didn't get around to working on the reel until last night. The anticipation was killing me though! I just kept thinking that I was finally going to get this reel going again after nearly three years. Well, I got the piece installed. It took a little fiddling around with it to get it lined up just right. I am happy to report now that she works good as new! I would be happy to take some pictures and post them on the site. I will get that done in the next couple days. Again, thank you for all your help. I put the money for the shipping cost in the mail this morning. I am going to tackle an old Ambassador reel next. I am sure I will have lots of questions.

Rich

Keta

Quote from: foakes on March 31, 2014, 08:04:34 PM
OK, Rich --

It's on the way.

Best,

Fred

Small flat parts can usually be mailed in a regular envelope, I can ship 6 113H dogs for 2 forever stamps.  Sandwich the part between thin cardboard so it does not hang up in the sorting machine.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Thanks for the shipping advice, Keta -- should prove useful and less expensive.

And Rich -- you will enjoy working on that Ambassadeur -- after you get into it, you will appreciate the quality and dead simple durability of these Swedish reels.  ABU has quite a history -- and the majority of their products are well engineered, using good materials.

Like any reel, there will be a learning curve as you get into it -- let this Board know if you run into any issues -- you should be just fine.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.