anyone servicing Omoto KAM 900?

Started by Marko, June 11, 2015, 03:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

hello everyone,

just missed a  billfish on badly maintaned omoto KAM 900W single speed. this reel is far from silky smooth accurate trolling reels, but i supposed it can be used after proper maintenance and some adjustment. the handle knob is horribly to small and not enough cranking power on it.

anyway, i would like to know (if anyone has done it) to step by step disassemble the reels, service it and put it together once again.

please help me.

Thanks

Marko Zakaria

Black Pearl

Quote from: Marko on June 11, 2015, 03:00:54 PM
hello everyone,

just missed a  billfish on badly maintaned omoto KAM 900W single speed. this reel is far from silky smooth accurate trolling reels, but i supposed it can be used after proper maintenance and some adjustment. the handle knob is horribly to small and not enough cranking power on it.

anyway, i would like to know (if anyone has done it) to step by step disassemble the reels, service it and put it together once again.

please help me.

Thanks

Marko Zakaria

Hi Marko,

I will hate to tell you that the OMOTO KAM reel is the first generation trolling reel and worst reel that OMOTO made. If I were you I would just retire it. I don't even think that there is any parts for it.

Sorry...

Thanks,
--Alan