screws

Started by skrilla, April 30, 2015, 04:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skrilla

A couple questions...

Anyone able to find a source for new stainless 5-40 3/4" oval head screws for the 322/332/338 right side plate?

Also anyone try replacing the stainless 5/40 3/8" fillister head screws for the inner ring with allen head screws? If so any clearance issues between the head and side plate?

Thanks in advance.

thinkwahoo

Think I've searched the internet for the 3/4", 5-40 screws with little luck. I did find a supplier that had 1" screws, so you would have to cut 1/4" to make them work.

The inside assembly screws can either be the slotted filister head or the philips head screw as long as you buy the with the correct diameter head.

STRIPER LOU

I use 5-40 flat head SS screws from McMaster. Put some masking tape around the body and chuck them up in your electric drill. Use a mill smooth file to make the dome or oval shape. Polish with emery cloth and your done. Easy and cheap.
..............lou

Doug

Hi Lou What is the stock # for the McMaster screw you are using. I would like to give your method a try. Thanks Doug

STRIPER LOU

Doug, just looked and the last batch came from Fastener Mart ( maybe ebay) not sure.
100 ct  5/40 3/4  304ss
ECA55024X              U-46-E
Best deal in town! Think it comes out to .06/ea.     www.fastenermart.com
.....................lou

bluefish69

You can buy Newell Screws from uluajunkies.com. The last time I looked they were $1.25ea.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

skrilla

Quote from: bluefish69 on April 30, 2015, 02:44:50 PM
You can buy Newell Screws from uluajunkies.com. The last time I looked they were $1.25ea.

Mike

Cool site, thanks. Looks like they have other stuff I could use as well.

bluefish69

Happy to help. I'm pretty well set over here.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.