Nice day at the mailbox...

Started by Aiala, April 23, 2015, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Great people on this site.  Thanks Sal for your generosity.  Thanks Aiala your contributions to this site is very much appreciated.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 24, 2015, 01:13:05 AM
Nice reels there. But remind me once again what that first step was... something about being powerless?

"We admitted we were powerless over buying more reels, and our collections were becoming unmanageable."  ::)

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 24, 2015, 01:13:05 AMAnd are we providing a proper support structure or simply enabling?

Oh, enabling... without a doubt.   ;)

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 24, 2015, 01:13:05 AMI've seen a few of those mags sell on eBay of late, I can't believe someone other than Sal has picked these guys up.

I can't believe it, either. And the 349 was also from eBay... guess I just lucked out!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

coastal_dan

Very nice!  Congrats on the therapeutic purchase  :P
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on April 24, 2015, 12:36:12 PM

I can't believe it, either. And the 349 was also from eBay... guess I just lucked out!   ;D

~A~

There has been quite a few 349 "Wahoo Specials" lately but most of them use Newell parts, mine does.   I prefer a 114HN for a reel this size and 349's the stock width.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Quote from: Keta on April 24, 2015, 03:10:08 PM
There has been quite a few 349 "Wahoo Specials" lately but most of them use Newell parts, mine does.   I prefer a 114HN for a reel this size and 349's the stock width.

Lee, is mine a "Wahoo Special"? I have a standard-width 49L (with the extra eccentric), but I wanted a 349.

I have a couple of Tibbed 114s, I love them, but they are a bit large for my optimum comfort.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on April 24, 2015, 04:07:08 PM

Lee, is mine a "Wahoo Special"? I have a standard-width 49L (with the extra eccentric), but I wanted a 349.

A~

Yes, a Wahoo Special is a widened 349H.   There is quite a few stock width 349's on ebay now, they are the same width as the 49.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mhc

Quote from: Aiala on April 23, 2015, 10:44:03 PM

Needless to say, I am feeling a whole lot better!  :D

~A~

Thanks for sharing this Aiala, nice pickup on the tib'ed wahoo. I'm glad the therapy worked for you.
Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I'm feeling a bit down myself.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.