Smoothdrag Stainless Steel Gear Sleeve Penn 112H (3/0)

Started by franky, April 24, 2015, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the stainless steel gear sleeve on Smoothdrag's website.  It is part number 98-60.

A friend of mine who was interested was asking if the Highspeed Jigmaster 505 star would fit on that gear sleeve? Does anyone know?  ???

The website description says it will fit the Penn 112H (3/0) reel.  However, this person wants to put a larger star on the gear sleeve so that it is easier to dial down and its more comfortable than the smaller star.  He believes the 505 star only comes in a fine tooth.  

Anyone?  :)

Bryan Young

Aloha Frank,

I believe that the 10-66 star would fit. It should be the same size as the 505 star but with course threads versus the 505 having fine threads.

If you would like the fine threaded star, order the gear sleeve that replaces the 98-505 and then you could use the 10-505 star.

Aloha,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

franky

Thanks Bryan,

I guess the guy liked what he saw on the Smoothdrag website (Stainless Gear Sleeve #98-60).  If that gearsleeve is fine threaded, then the fine tooth star on the 505 will fit?

Either that or does someone make a stainless gear sleeve for the 505 reel?

Bryan Young

Quote from: franky on April 24, 2015, 07:26:05 PM
Thanks Bryan,

I guess the guy liked what he saw on the Smoothdrag website (Stainless Gear Sleeve #98-60).  If that gearsleeve is fine threaded, then the fine tooth star on the 505 will fit?

Either that or does someone make a stainless gear sleeve for the 505 reel?

Aloha Frank,

I believe Dawn has the 98-505 gear sleeve, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm 95% sure that the gear sleeves are made by Alan Tani and I know that he had both.  What is in stock at SmoothDrag or with Alan is another question that I don't know the answer.

Bryan

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

franky

Ok, thanks for the clarification Bryan.  :)

One last question, will the 98-505 gear sleeve fit on the 112H Bridge?

Bryan Young