BEARINGS ANYONE ???

Started by Lalo13, April 22, 2015, 02:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalo13

So trolling though the net I came upon this site that sells all kinds of bearings of all sizes and shapes , so I hope this helps us find the right bearing for our pet projects they even sell reel specific ones !!! YAAYY !!! ;D http://www.vxb.com/

Hamachi

Now all we need is for someone to make a conversion table, so we'll know how to order.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Slazmo

I have emailed, contacted through their FB account and not one email or response back...

Simple question about postage to Australia with their product.

Easy. Didnt go back to them.

tab

If I could free my old ones I might look at new ones...

Lalo13

Quote from: Hamachi on April 25, 2015, 03:27:41 AM
Now all we need is for someone to make a conversion table, so we'll know how to order.
If you scroll down the sizes they are converted for you ...... ;D

Hamachi

Quote from: tab on April 25, 2015, 03:14:42 PM
If I could free my old ones I might look at new ones...
Have you tried the hydraulic method yet? I was skeptical at first, but proven that it does work! Tools needed: heavy grease, mallet and a rod or plunger the same size as the inner bearing. Just fill the bearing cup with thick grease and plunge the rod into the mess and the bearing should start to move out. Just keep filling that area behind the bearing with grease and give the rod a sharp rap with your plastic hammer. Don't hit it too hard or you'll risk damaging the cup. It may take several tries, as the plunger has to be a close fit to the inner bearing, and if the bearing is open, all the pressure may just squeeze out the voids in the race. Maybe it's time for a tutorial?
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!