looking for a penn 113h or 113 aside of a Baja Special

Started by steelfish, May 07, 2015, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

hey folks,

before going after the Baja Special which I liked since their appeared I would like some pictures of it with a 113h (113) to compared the size, width, etc, etc.

as you might know, I dont have the possibility of checking many reels of rods personally since I live in Mexico and the nearest US cities from me normally dont carry many inventory, so most of my fishing gear is bought by specs and pictures, not many regrets so far.

this Baja Special has something that I have always wanted one, but havent found anyone less than $130 which is pretty low I know, so before expending almost 2 big bills on it I would like to check it compared to a 4/0 reel.

I lately hesitate on getting the Baja or make a 4/0 tank.

I have a gold trini16 that might be for sale for getting the Baja or for helping me to get a fathom 40 II-s later.
The Baja Guy

broschro

the baja special is about the same size as a narrow 4/0 and a little lighter i think. that said i would go with the 113h tank any day before the baja the tank is much stronger just my opinion.

Dominick

Quote from: broschro on May 07, 2015, 09:41:55 PM
the baja special is about the same size as a narrow 4/0 and a little lighter i think. that said i would go with the 113h tank any day before the baja the tank is much stronger just my opinion.
Totally agree.  So far we have caught Marlin to 125 lbs on the Tank.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick you might need to put the tank in the mail again,  I want to give you the latest upgrades available, I was getting over35lbs with Adam's kit. Send it over and i'll get right on it, so it will be ready for your next trip.
these are the upgrades, in case you didn't see them ;D:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12766.msg126071#msg126071
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 07, 2015, 10:12:04 PM
Dominick you might need to put the tank in the mail again,  I want to give you the latest upgrades available, I was getting over35lbs with Adam's kit. Send it over and i'll get right on it, so it will be ready for your next trip.
Sal I saw that thread but you did not offer the upgrade until now.  I think it would be easier and cheaper to just send the parts and I will do the upgrade here.  I have a business transaction brewing in the first week of June so I am postponing my spring trip.  If the deal closes on time, I will go the second week.  After that it starts getting too hot to be there so I will go the last week of October.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: broschro on May 07, 2015, 09:41:55 PM

hmm that what I was afraid LOL.

I also saw the thread of the new drags for the 113h and they offer almost 40# of drag.. jeeezzz!!

what updragrades have already that tanked 113h to reach those numbers?
can I skip the allow body and use the stock steel posts?

The Baja Guy

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on May 07, 2015, 10:47:43 PM

can I skip the allow body and use the stock steel posts?

A 1 piece frame makes it a stronger reel, a narrow 1 piece frame even stronger.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

skrilla

A couple quick ones. 113H, 113 w/ Tiburon narrow frame, 113HN. The latter 2 are basically the same size.

steelfish

there you go.. that's was what I wanted.

thanks

well, seems like I need some save and before expending the money, make some calculations and go for the tanked narrow 113h project or a Baja special, I remember reading that at the end cost is almost equal

The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on May 07, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 07, 2015, 10:12:04 PM
Sal I saw that thread but you did not offer the upgrade until now.  I think it would be easier and cheaper to just send the parts and I will do the upgrade here.  I have a business transaction brewing in the first week of June so I am postponing my spring trip.  If the deal closes on time, I will go the second week.  After that it starts getting too hot to be there so I will go the last week of October.  Dominick
No, you need to send it over, the gears that you have won't work with the kit. Also, I need to play with the Delrin washers to get it  just as I want it. Don't worry about the shipping, I'll take care of it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

normally where do you guys get the parts for the narrow conversion of a 113h?

I thinking to make the same thing I do on my RC cars, get one 113h stock, fishing with it stock when need it, then but $40-60 worht of new upgrade parts, fishing it, then 2-3 months later get another 40-60 on upgrades again, later next season the tanked narrow is born
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Alan the boss might have some. If he doesn't, try here:
http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/senator

fIsHsTiiCkS