Penn 115 anti reverse not engaging

Started by Southernsharker, May 11, 2015, 12:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernsharker

Hey guys today I installed  pro challenger  gears and stainless  sleeve  with Bryans 7+1 stack. When I got it all together  the gear sleeve  doesn't  freely spin on the bridge like the old one but when it was put together  the handle turned easy. But the anti reverse  doesn't catch also does anyone  have a picture of the dog touching  the sleeve to see which way it's supposed  to set

Alto Mare

I'm showing two, but the one on the left is it.
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g431/pescatore1/Picture2102.jpg

Sorry too dark. Try this one, this time the dog you're looking for is on the right
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3077.msg26246#msg26246
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Southernsharker

Thanks sal. I just looked my gear sleeve teeth go the other direction. I also notice this earlier  the my original  gear sleeve went like yours and my new one goes the opposite

Southernsharker

If my teeth go the opposite  do I just flip the dog upside down?

Southernsharker

My original  brass sleeve teeth went counter clock wise the new sleeve  goes clockwise

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Southernsharker

I'm assuming that's not going to work then is it ?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

yup, you got a left handed gear sleeve. i thought all of those had been retrieved. if you'll send me a pm with your address, i will send you a new one plus a return envelope to return the old one.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!