Main Menu

Bridge is out

Started by Reel 224, May 16, 2015, 02:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

This is not fishing reel related but it is news, These are pictures of a bridge on our road that is approximately 800' from our home, it was recently closed down because of the timber pilings rotting. This bridge was built in the early 70s. My wife and I must have traveled over this bridge thousands of times. and there is a grammar school on the other side that has school buses travail over it twice a day. This happened yesterday after being closed for about three weeks. Thats the water main that crosses the bridge in the first picture.

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Some more views of the bridge.

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

I hope there's an easy detour 'cuz that's going to a while to replace.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

Quote from: MarkT on May 16, 2015, 02:25:32 AM
I hope there's an easy detour 'cuz that's going to a while to replace.

Not really! But we are loving the piece and quiet we have now that the road is closed to threw traffic, especially the bicyclist on the weekends, that used this rout for there weekend rallies.

I have spoken to the county Engineer a few times in the past few weeks, and he has estimated it will take at least four to six months to get replaced considering the DEP permits and bidding, construction and material availability. That river is one of the main tributaries to the Manasquan Inlet so it's tidal and will have it's own problems for dewatering so a coffer dam can be constructed for bulk heading and driving piles. The other option may be a prefab culvert. either way it's going to take time as you said.