I must be a bad dad? What were they thinking?

Started by Big Tim, May 30, 2015, 02:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

My son Johnny left, and my 2 knucklehead surrogate kids Dustin (middle) & (Curtis) right went fishing last weekend: This was supposed to be a trip to Hell Hole ... Not the freaking Ansel Adams trail in May  >:(

They didn't catch any fish at all, but the learned that 9000+' elevation in the Sierras in May is not where you want to be  ??? They all are home safe and had a great time, but froze their butts off trying to get off the mountain...Love thes guys guys & great pics:

MarkT

You know what they were thinking!  I didn't know there was any snow left.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on May 30, 2015, 02:46:35 AM
You know what they were thinking!  I didn't know there was any snow left.

California drought hahahahahahah..yes but not there and not then...Foolish men, but at 31 I still say kids...They are amazing  ;D ;D ;D

Alto Mare

Tim, that second pic looks amazing, to me looks like someone is trying to push himself into that trunk...or maybe I just had too much wine with dinner :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on May 30, 2015, 02:46:35 AM
You know what they were thinking!  I didn't know there was any snow left.

I agree ??? Crap, too much whiskey  ;D

FatTuna

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2015, 03:08:18 AM
Tim, that second pic looks amazing, to me looks like someone is trying to push himself into that trunk...or maybe I just had too much wine with dinner :-\.
I agree with Sal.  I put down the bottle of zin to get a better look.  That tree swallowed a kid.  You can see his legs hanging of the monsters mouth.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fisherman Paul

Stunning pics, you are so lucky guys, enjoy it every minute you can ;)

Reel 224

Yes gentleman I agree loo s exactly like someone being swallowed by that tree, and I haven't had a drop to drink today.......YET! 
             oops forgot the"k"   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

broadway

I'm staying off that mountain... the trees eat people up there. LOL! You're right, it does look like a man eating tree.
Nice photos, Ansel ;)
Glad to see you had some time to enjoy with your "kids".
Dom

foakes

Yes,

That tree is a Bristlecone Pine -- Oldest organism on the planet -- many are 3000 to 5000 years old.

Generally grow around granite at an elevation of 8000' to 11,000' -- Western states only.

They are older than the Giant Sequoias, that could be 2,000 to 3,000 years old.

These gnarly old guys are tough, not too big, but impressive.  No 2 alike.

We have these about 35 miles away, and a grove of Sequoia Gigantea about 21 miles away by air.

Tim -- that country looks like the Western slope on the North fork of the San Joaquin River -- up towards Ritter and Banner -- out of Clover Meadow.  Maybe Cora, Edna, Burro, Sadler, Ediza, or Island Lake?  Up around Hemlock Crossing, maybe?

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.