Rockfish recipe for Wayne

Started by theswimmer, May 30, 2015, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Hey Fred,
My Grandson is delighted and thankful for his little Medalist knockoff!
Thanks for all your help last Sat.
I hope Sue's party went well.
Thanks again,

Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Reel 224

Wayne she is as cute as a button, enjoy her as much as possible, they do grow fast. :o
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

El Pescador

Reel 224,

Man don't I know that, it was 31 years ago I was feeding her Father, my son, the same breakfast!  Oatmeal.

But looking at the photo, I need to talk to my barber and have him use the black shears, the silver ones are rubbing off onto my hair!!! ;D ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Reel 224

Quote from: El Pescador on June 03, 2015, 04:54:15 PM
Reel 224,

Man don't I know that, it was 31 years ago I was feeding her Father, my son, the same breakfast!  Oatmeal.

But looking at the photo, I need to talk to my barber and have him use the black shears, the silver ones are rubbing off onto my hair!!! ;D ;D

Wayne

Don't I know it, just look at my avatar. It's pretty bad when people start to tell you that you would make a great Santa. ;D Enjoy brother she is a beauty.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

She's beautiful Wayne, love the pics.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on June 03, 2015, 04:03:06 PM
BTW, Wayne --

Both of your reels are done now -- and I will drop them in the mail this afternoon when I drive down to Fresno.

Best,

Fred
Hey Fred are you so far off the beaten path that the USPS does not get to you?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

The mail doesn't come to our house, Dominick -- it is delivered to a bank of lock boxes about 1/2 mile from us.

And there are larger lock boxes for when we get a package -- they leave a key in our smaller box.

We live about 1/5th of a mile off of the main plowed road -- at the end of a good dirt road.

Funny thing, our UPS guy (named Dominick) has been up here for nearly 20 years -- and even in the middle of Winter -- he will drive packages all of the way to our house -- even knows how to back up all of the way from the main road so he won't get stuck in the snow.  We give him a gift card every year for his troubles -- great service above and beyond.

In order to mail a package -- we need to go to a Post Office about 12 miles below us.  They have limited hours and days -- but the nice thing is -- there is never any waiting -- and in a tiny unincorporated town with only one zip code stretching many square miles...they actually know us, and are happy to see us.  Kind of like Mayberry RFD.

You'll see for yourself -- when you and Wayne come up to spend the night, have a Rib-Eye BBQ with some good Zin -- then a good breakfast the next morning.  We will invite Jon from across the road to join us.

Might even fry up a little Ling Cod or Snapper with eggs, peppers, and Sourdough toast and fresh strawberrys for breakfast. 

Jon brought over some homemade wild strawberry, and some wild Elderberry Jam, his wife put up last year.

All we serve at our house is Starbucks.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Fred: You live in paradise, but I'm sure you realize that. ;)

theswimmer

We very much do live in Paradise.
I bought our place about 25 years ago and  have lived here full time now for about 18 years and Fred hit the nail on the head,
Mayberry RFD ! Its kind of how Woodside (San Mateo County) was back in the late 60's. Except 4000 feet higher in elevation.
I have worked or lived in 18 different states and have traveled to 37 , all over Canada and Mexico , 
I wouldn't trade the community where we live for any of them. ;D
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn