Dom/Tom 9/0 frame report- VINAKA ! Vinaka vaka levu (many big thanks) to Dom,

Started by alantani, February 26, 2015, 12:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: erikpowell on February 22, 2014, 12:09:53 AM
Vinaka vaka levu (many big thanks) to Dom, Tom and Daron  ;) for making this happen:

Well I didn't waste any time putting the new frame on my first Senator 9/0. I just spooled it up with +/- 600yds 80lb ande envy,
heard there were some big tuna around and guys getting busted off.
Ditched work on Thursday afternoon with my buddies Russell & Wayne and set out from Pacific Harbour around 2pm.
Good thing we did, in 9 years here I've never seen a bite like this here...let alone only 30mins out!
Saw a couple birds, dropped the lines and within 5 minutes a BIG double hookup.
We had only gotten 2 of our four lines in the water.

So as the first testimonial to the DomTom frame, I'll let the pics do the talking:

Woohooooo!!!

Russells line went off first... Saragosa 20000, 80lb braid, Cape Cod jigging rod, Halco Laserpro 2m diver... His battle was to last over 2hrs..

Just seconds behind the first strike, a massive surface strike on my skirt and a huge tail made Wayne & I scream MARLIN!!
It didn't take long to realize it wasn't a marlin.

The 9/0 brought it in about an hour...I had scaled the drag to 26lbs on the way out... didn't even have a chance to double dog it yet OR add Bryans drag kit, OR Lee's handle, OR BP's gear...in other words; bone stock 9/0 with a SICK 1 piece frame!   :o

And the reward:

length 60 ½" , girth 42 ½" ... our dodgy scale weighed it 69kg at the dock

the winning combo... and my new favorite gear

68kg and a 63kg for Russ..... we felt so bad Wayne never had a chance to get a line in the water... But his top notch boat handling & gaff skills ensured we brought the fish in... couldn't have pulled it off without him  ;)

Thank you all, Neptune included, for another day in Paradise and an unforgettable day of fishing !!

and Dom, Tom and Daron.... Vinaka vaka levu.... your guest room awaits  ;D

Cheers all!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BonitaBch

Bonita Beach, FL

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

broadway

Erik was all over those frames and he was rewarded handsomely for his enthusiasm. For those who haven't gotten one of Tom's 9/0 frames I hope you are in line for his next batch coming soon.
Well done Erik... hope you keep them coming,
Dom

Dominick

Folks I don't get it.  Where is the 9/0 Dom Tom frame?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Dominick on July 02, 2015, 05:42:33 AM
Folks I don't get it.  Where is the 9/0 Dom Tom frame?  Dominick

On the 9/0. Second to the last pic shows a good pic of it on  the reel.

broadway

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on July 02, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
You'll have to excuse Dominick... He's a bit over the hill. ;D
Dom
Yuk yuk.  I see it now.  I bought the silver one so that's what I was looking for.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: broadway on July 02, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
You'll have to excuse Dominick... He's a bit over the hill. ;D
Dom
Holy Crap! that was funny! :D
I still love you Dominick. :-*
Life is Good!