Great day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Newell Nut, June 25, 2015, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Dwight, he does have teeth, I wasn't sure ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

That was a rare moment to see Mike smile. Al is the guy that caught the AJ and he spent 10 years on the Bass Tour before retiring and his first day on the Pastime and looking forward to coming back.

I checked the condition of Elli's reel which is a S332 in new condition that I had installed a set 3.6 Black Pearl gears, 5 stack drag with delrin top and bottom and Bryan's Belleville. It also has a Tib frame. What I found is that it looked like the day that I installed everything and thin CFs were perfect. Put a drop of TSI321 on the bearings and buttoned it back up. No point doing this check again for a very long time. I did upgrade her to a New P handle that I just received for a little more ruggedness. The P handles have a SS shaft where the molded handles have an aluminum shaft.

All of guys are welcome to come down any time and have some fun. Daron's idea of a few weeks is best because every day is something different and we all know how nature operates but if you know how to fish the odds are in your favor.

Alto Mare

Nice!...don't wait too long to open her back up again, we already know what happens to ss parts if not lubed properly.
I have a set of the same gears, those should last a very long time.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Nice catches dwight! You ate testing the drag upgrades made here very nicely. I'm heading out on a trip this week that should prove pretty plentiful. I need to start living the dream as you do!

Newell Nut

Just work hard, stay healthy and save for the dream time. You will be living the dream one day.

Mac53

Dwight,

What is the eating quality of those AJ's and how are you cooking them?

Tim

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 26, 2015, 09:43:54 PM
Just work hard, stay healthy and save for the dream time. You will be living the dream one day.

Staying healthy is the issue im having lately haha. Your retirement is well earned and spent Dwight! Great fishing!

newport

Tightlines, thanks for the info. I always caught sandbar sharks by accident when targeting other fish, and I don't mind it at all as I enjoy the fight. In fact, I'm planning on targeting sharks this summer, but want to try and catch other species.
Quote from: Newell Nut on June 26, 2015, 09:43:54 PM
first two no problem, lol.

Shark Hunter

Dwight,
You make sure and tell Mike the jig is up! He can stop playing Mr. tough guy now. You got him! ;D
Life is Good!

broschro

Mac53 I will reply for Dwight about the AJ. very good grilled, fried, and smoked. its my wife's favorite.