penn mariner 49

Started by garking84, July 17, 2015, 06:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garking84

I need some help with pricing on this reel.  IV never owned a 49 much less know what they are worth. How much should I pay?

Tightlines667

It would be helpful if you posted a picture showing the full box label (with price).  Appears to be a post 1955 reel.  Do you still have the wrench, plastic reel bag, catalog, reel care booklet, lube, and extra spool that I believe came with the reel when it was new?

It is probably worth between $45-$90..maybe $65 value as a rough estimate.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

garking84

I don't have  the reel, I haven't bought it yet. I meat a guy at a garage sale who has 3 49s , surfmasters 209s, longbeach 60, 67, he has quite a few reels for sale all in good condition

Tightlines667

I would recommed using Ebay..sold listings as a good starting point to determine current value of these reels.  For older/collectable reels, having the box and complete package and a reel in 'minty' condition will basically double its value..sometimes a bit more :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

I would say its worth $50. Those are nice reels, but somehow their value is always low
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.