Upgrade to Baja Special Anti-Reverse Dog/Gear

Started by Billy V, May 09, 2015, 09:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Not a problem Lee. I'm not sure if it would cure it, but the ratchet is a good place to start.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

joel8080

Keta

I will drop the reel off at the Post Office first thing this morning and I will send you the tracking number.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Keta

The stock AR Ratchet (98R-FTHSD12) is stamped and the edges of the teeth on one side are rounded allowing the AR dog to slip under the AR ratchet.

I will have some modified ratchets cut this week.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

johndtuttle

Quote from: Keta on May 23, 2015, 06:31:55 PM
The stock AR Ratchet (98R-FTHSD12) is stamped and the edges of the teeth on one side are rounded allowing the AR dog to slip under the AR ratchet.

Any chance I can get one to test out in my USA Senator?

handi2

Mine was not the dogs. The bridge screws had came loose...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on May 23, 2015, 06:31:55 PM

hmm Im working to get me a Baja Special (finally) and would like to get one or two of your ratchets too.

I still dont have the reel but I will have it very soon and so far I found out the only Achilles heel of the reel is the AR dog system

The Baja Guy

Keta

I have 4 AR ratchets cut now, one belongs to Joel but the rest are available for anyone that wants to test them. 

Mark Twain

BonitaBch

Quote from: Keta on July 02, 2015, 06:49:34 PM
I have 4 AR ratchets cut now, one belongs to Joel but the rest are available for anyone that wants to test them. 

Keta, are you saying the teeth on the bottom of the gear sleeve, or something else?
Bonita Beach, FL

Three se7ens

oops

Keta

Quote from: BonitaBch on July 02, 2015, 09:02:09 PM
Quote from: Keta on July 02, 2015, 06:49:34 PM

Keta, are you saying the teeth on the bottom of the gear sleeve, or something else?

Yes, they are gone now.

Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Well what did we learn in all this?  The suspense is getting me.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

Nothing yet, as of now they are all setting on my bench and I do not have a reel to fit them in.

Mark Twain