Bushings to Bearings

Started by MidTNKayakAngler, July 01, 2015, 05:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidTNKayakAngler

I have a few old Ambassadeur 5000, and 6000's. They have the spool tension knobs on each side plate. These reels have spool bushings instead of bearings. The size of the bushings are 3.13x10x4. I would like to replace these bushings with bearings and the closest bearings I have are 3x10x4, so the spool shaft doesn't fit on the bearing because the bore of the bearing is to small. I have looked for bearings that are 3.13x10x4 and have had no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wolli

the only solution i see is to request a cnc technican to reduce the diameter of both ends of the spool shaft to fit in a 3mm bearing.

Good Luck
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Robert Janssen

They aren't 3.13 mm, they are 3.175 mm, which happens to be 1/8".
Last I heard, such bearings can be found. Look around. Try Boca or Ebay.

Doc.

MidTNKayakAngler

Thanks Robert, I'll mic them, I should have in the 1st place, instead of going off schematics.

handi2

They are 3x10x4 for those reels and most all Ambassaduers.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

MidTNKayakAngler

I have a bunch of different 3x10x4 and the spool shaft is to large for the bearing.

UKChris

Perhaps the spools from the 5000C and 6000C might fit the new bearings as I think the C models had ball bearings not bushings. But then you are in to more serious changes to the reel.

MidTNKayakAngler

You are correct Chris the C's do have bearings. I'll put these back on the shelf and get them out another time. Thanks for all the help guys.