People GOING CRAZY On EBAY !!!

Started by ez2cdave, July 08, 2015, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

whalebreath

Quoteone of the best conventional reels ever made

Ummm....No.

I've got the same reel in a 5600 size (used)  that's never lived up to my expectations-it's not nearly the unit my older Abus were.

So it sits third in rotation after my Calcuttas for freshwater Salmon fishing and occasional saltwater Coho afternoons.

I'd take $40 from someone who feels they have too much money and need to give some away.  ::)

Rancanfish

Sold!  PM me I'll bite.

I sold my 6600 because it was too big.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

The 6600CL is a different kettle of fish --

Last (5) "SOLD" 6600CLs on ebay went for:

$166 wo/box

$179 w/box

$469 w/ box

$274 w/ box

$183 wo/box

So with an average of the boxed reels at $307 -- this is actually in the ballpark.

There have been 10 bids with 5 separate active bidders on this one...

Others have had anywhere from 11 to 15 active bidders...

So, if any of you have any of those -- stick em on the bay.

Other models of Morrums are not the same, I guess.

You can buy some nice Penns with the proceeds.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Quote from: whalebreath on July 08, 2015, 06:14:11 PM
Quoteone of the best conventional reels ever made

Ummm....No.

I've got the same reel in a 5600 size (used)  that's never lived up to my expectations-it's not nearly the unit my older Abus were.

So it sits third in rotation after my Calcuttas for freshwater Salmon fishing and occasional saltwater Coho afternoons.

I'd take $40 from someone who feels they have too much money and need to give some away.  ::)
I'll bite for some Abus as well...especially those Morrums
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

The guy originally listed it as "left handed" and is likely why the bidding has gone so high. He did put a note about his mistake, but of course it was after all the bids. If you look at the reel specs it still says left hand, because once it gets a bid, the original description can't be edited, only additional info added.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Max Doubt on July 08, 2015, 11:51:19 PM
    The guy originally listed it as "left handed" and is likely why the bidding has gone so high. He did put a note about his mistake, but of course it was after all the bids. If you look at the reel specs it still says left hand, because once it gets a bid, the original description can't be edited, only additional info added.

Might be some "FIREWORKS" over that one . . . LOL ! ! !

foakes

13 of 15 bids were after the change in description from left to right hand retrieve -- all 4 days before auction end.

So no one was deceived, except maybe the first bidder who put in a solid bid of $225 right out of the chute -- and he was protected if he did not want it -- since it certainly did not slow down anyone else from passing him over the next 4 days.

Every other bidder knew up front it was right hand.

Seller has 100% positive feedback.

Some may not agree, but with that many bidders on multiple reels over the last month, or so -- and an average sold price on 4 reels with boxes of $353 -- this was a good buy for someone at $390 -- mint in box, with all papers.

That establishes a market value, IMO.

In my opinion, if actually a left hand reel -- it may have gone possibly $200 higher -- who knows?

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher