Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Awesome looking display John ;). Mission-Style Cabinetry...you got good taste ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

John, you have been a busy man... Now I know who I've been losing auctions to.😉
You've amassed a beautiful/respectable collection of Penn reels in record time. Keep it up, bro.
Ted, those colorful beauties are seriously eye popping. Those ain't easy to find and with matching spools and handles. You must've dated an Accurate family member to get those pieces, sweet!
Thanks for showing your treasures,
Dom

Maxed Out

John, that new display cabinet is beautiful.

Your assortment of antique reels is astounding. I really like the big one on top with the log knob handle  :o :o

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

This is one of my top couple favorite threads, along with Daron's show your collections. Thoughts:

John, thanks for starting the excellent thread! That's an amazing case and so is the collection! 

Ted.....That pic was just cruel. Put it away never to be seen again :) What a war chest!

Big D doesn't know how many 12/0's he has......on the one hand that's cool, however I agree with his statement if you know then you don't have enough. Up until recently when I bought an estate collection (because I still have yet to see what all's in there) I could tell you specifically every reel in my collection, which was roughly 325 at that time...when does it stop?

coastal_dan

John - Looks great! Congrats...

TomT - I find it interesting at how many people have started collecting in such a short amount of time.  I'm new to it myself only having about 2 1/2 years of looking/buying.  Just in the past year there have been numerous pages started on Facebook along (at least 5-6 separate pages).

It seems to be a hobby that is gaining quite some momentum. 
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Tightlines667

Quote from: coastal_dan on February 22, 2016, 07:27:41 PM
John - Looks great! Congrats...

It seems to be a hobby that is gaining quite some momentum. 

Thanks..
The more I learn about the history of the fishing reel the more my interests and 'wants list' expands.  It's tough to maintain focus, but fun and somehow rewarding at the same time.

It is great to see the increased inserts in learning about, and preserving some of our fishing history & heritage.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

coastal_dan

John - funny you say focus...I've really had to narrow down what I want...funds tend to just wash away when I start searching on eBay, c-list, or etsy all willy nilly.  I have picked up a few cool things in the last couple months, just finishing cleaning them up then I'll post a couple pictures of them in their new home.  I think reel collecting actually should be considered a sport considering the time and energy we all put into it.  :D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Penn Chronology

QuoteJohn - funny you say focus...I've really had to narrow down what I want...funds tend to just wash away when I start searching on eBay, c-list, or etsy all willy nilly.  I have picked up a few cool things in the last couple months, just finishing cleaning them up then I'll post a couple pictures of them in their new home.  I think reel collecting actually should be considered a sport considering the time and energy we all put into it.  Cheesy

REEL COLLECTING BECOMES A SPORT!

That would make a great headline in the Alan Tani Engineering Monthly magazine! 

Dominick

A neighbor had a garage sale.  I picked up the glass cabinet in these photos for $60.00.  I moved some stuff around and this is the result.  It has lights but the lights are set to back light something like crystal glasses or something.  It does no good for the reels.  I will try to move the lights sometime.  One of the shelves is glass.  It flexes with the reels I have on that shelf.  I stuck an empty box in the middle to keep the glass from flexing too much.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Very nice, Dominick!

Cool reels too...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Nice display Dominick, money well spent!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Looking good there.

I'm sure the wife prefers this display to using your mantle.

You have alot of reels there... more than 50?

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

coastal_dan

A 'reely' nice collection for sure Dominick!  Thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Dominick

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 03, 2016, 05:42:07 AM
Looking good there.

I'm sure the wife prefers this display to using your mantle.

You have alot of reels there... more than 50?

John
yes and yes.  There are more in the drawers.  I will do an inventory one of these days.  I am missing a black 6/0.  I noticed it was not with the Senator collection.  It is probably in one of the drawers (I hope).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.