New 113H Frame, Spool and Sideplate Project

Started by Black Pearl, July 25, 2015, 02:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on December 09, 2015, 04:10:06 AM
It could be pink and purple polka dots for all I care! How narrow is narrow? I'm hoping close to the width of a 501? I can't wait. Will you come up with a package reel all up with bridge and gears? This is really really cool.
Ron

The spool width is 1.75". It will be available in a whole package deal (frame ,spool, side plate, rod clamp with SS screws, SS DD bridge, SS 10 teeth sleeve, SS 4:1 gear set and aluminum T-bar handle knob).

swill88

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Maxed Out

Any decision on colors yet ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Alan, will it be available without the whole package?
Thanks
Dom

Black Pearl

broadway

steelfish

cool, I need it in silver color.

looking forward for when its going to actually in production, I just need the right side plate in silver if can be bought separately
The Baja Guy

Black Pearl

Quote from: steelfish on December 11, 2015, 09:19:32 PM

looking forward for when its going to actually in production, I just need the right side plate in silver if can be bought separately

Spool, frame and sideplate must be bought in set. Sorry.

sundaytrucka

For comparison, here are the  dimensions, from http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/senator , from inner ring to inner ring on the Tiburons:

Standard Width: 2.437"

Narrow, YTS Width: 2.125

Black Pearl Frame: 1.75"

This should be a great project, excellent wahoo reel, still plenty of line for live bait, and can be used for casting jigs.

For myself, the silver is ok, but I think a different color would look nice, what color is up to debate of course...

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

sundaytrucka

I think an off-white, or eggshell colored frame would look nice, might be a little too eccentric for some.

A deep, darker maroon color, similar to the Tiburon frame MarkT has, would come out clean.

My personal taste, after day dreaming some colors, I think a shiny, almost reflective copper finish would look amazing.

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Black Pearl

OK. Let's see what color I should do.

• Silver
  • Red
  • Black
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Dark Gold
  • Orange

jigmaster501

Which color will result in the hardest and longest lasting anodizing???

Black has been reported to yield the best and the finish gets weaker as the colors get lighter.

If the anodizing that is being used holds true to these color standards, then black would be it for me.

PacRat

1st choice silver, then black but I would buy it in either.
-Mike

steelfish

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 11, 2015, 09:57:16 PM
Quote from: steelfish on December 11, 2015, 09:19:32 PM

Spool, frame and sideplate must be bought in set. Sorry.

no prob.. then I just need to save bit more
The Baja Guy