Once in a While

Started by theswimmer, August 11, 2015, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on August 11, 2015, 04:00:34 PM
Hey Wayne,
About 9000 feet,no standing trees in the stream bed as it floods during spring runnoff.
That water is about 38-40 degrees F.

theswimmer!  Man did I horf on that one!  We've GOT to spend a day fishing this fall if you have time!  Sept. in the high Sierra's, I'M IN!

Leaving tomorrow for the upper Rogue River, Shady Cove, OR, will post trip photos when I return.

Wish me luck,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Hey Good Luck Wayne!

You should have a chance at some early fall run Kings and Summer 'Heads should be going strong.
Have a great time. Have a safe trip.

I am going back on Friday the 21st of Aug. for 3 days in the same area.
Can Not Wait!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

David Hall

Very nice brown, I would have ate him.

Rancanfish

Congrats on fooling that brown.  I used to drive a route thru the Sierra's and used to cross this narrow stream that was filled with them.  All about 12-13".  Except Mogambo.... he was huge!  I spent a lot of my lunch breaks parked next to that stream trying to trick him.

Had him on for about 3 seconds once, forgot to set the hook.  I never tried again. I just figured he wasn't going to be stupid twice. And just so awesome to see him come out from under the bank once in awhile.

I got to fish from Fresno to Angels Camp and Sacramento everyday. I wish my job was so simple again. I used to stop and grab a couple of catfish for my boss once in awhile too, so he was ok with it.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

theswimmer

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 17, 2015, 10:19:03 PM
Congrats on fooling that brown.  I used to drive a route thru the Sierra's and used to cross this narrow stream that was filled with them.  All about 12-13".  Except Mogambo.... he was huge!  I spent a lot of my lunch breaks parked next to that stream trying to trick him.

Had him on for about 3 seconds once, forgot to set the hook.  I never tried again. I just figured he wasn't going to be stupid twice. And just so awesome to see him come out from under the bank once in awhile.

I got to fish from Fresno to Angels Camp and Sacramento everyday. I wish my job was so simple again. I used to stop and grab a couple of catfish for my boss once in awhile too, so he was ok with it.

Ya Rancan,
Still a lot of unexplored area above Angels Camp..... You probably know where I mean ;D
I don't think most people completely understand how wary a wild/native brown is. I used to fish a stretch of the Upper Kings where the average Wild Brown was probably over 28 inch's but Nobody ever caught one
I have a job that is very flexible and I can often do as I wish as long as my Sat Phone works!
I still travel Cali from end to end and carry many different rigs depending where I will be that week.
I have a VERY understanding owner!
Thanks for the nice comments......

Best
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Rancanfish

Thanks for stirring up some memories.

And yes it was Angels Camp area.  I'm so glad I wasn't alone admiring them bad boys! 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.