My Kayak Mahi Mahi Video

Started by Prof. Salt, August 18, 2015, 01:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

I realize that for some fortunate folks, Mahis are not an unusual catch. Along the Texas coast they are almost unheard of for kayaks launching off the beach. Saturday I paddled eight miles out and hooked up with two of them. Of course hooking them and landing them are two very different things, but coming home with one was a successful day!

Steve-O

Nice capture, Glenn.  Glad they both didn't shake off and leave you with a big ole Mahi goose egg. Hope you have more in your future piscatorial pursuits. :)

David Hall

Reel 224

That was awesome, you had me laughing when you answered that call. There is no way in heck I would have answered the phone at that time, you get the award for Cool Calm and collected. ;D Nice catch! Congrats.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Prof. Salt

Joe, I knew it was my fishing partner wondering which way I had gone. Last we talked I was heading a different direction, so he needed a heading. We constantly mess with each other, so he thought I was kidding about the fish, lol.

Next time I will reel in everything else and get it out of the way ASAP...That little fish tangled up every line and lure possible!

Reel 224

Quote from: Prof. Salt on August 18, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
Joe, I knew it was my fishing partner wondering which way I had gone. Last we talked I was heading a different direction, so he needed a heading. We constantly mess with each other, so he thought I was kidding about the fish, lol.

Next time I will reel in everything else and get it out of the way ASAP...That little fish tangled up every line and lure possible!

Yes but you landed him in spite of all that! Great Job.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."