Checking some Jigmaster's gears

Started by Alto Mare, June 19, 2013, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yes it is the height, but, we already know that Tom's 6mm insert works.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Can I get a link to the source of the carbon fiber sheet?
Thanks!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

pretty cool test Sal (sorry for reviving an old thread but Im still learning and the more I read the more questions I have LOL)

I really like the results from Keta and Irish jigger adapters, octagon and hex adapters repectively, I found them innovative and great because even though we need you cut the stock drags to a smaller size in order to fit inside the adapter they offer more drag power than the stock configuration.

yours are also great but what I found innovative on the adapters is that they are "Plug and play" in any stock main gear of couse with the proper cut to fit CF drags, if needed you can always go back to the stock drag stack in minutes in case to sell the reel for cheap or anything.

The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelfish on August 22, 2015, 12:24:28 AM
pretty cool test Sal (sorry for reviving an old thread but Im still learning and the more I read the more questions I have LOL)

I really like the results from Keta and Irish jigger adapters, octagon and hex adapters repectively, I found them innovative and great because even though we need you cut the stock drags to a smaller size in order to fit inside the adapter they offer more drag power than the stock configuration.

yours are also great but what I found innovative on the adapters is that they are "Plug and play" in any stock main gear of couse with the proper cut to fit CF drags, if needed you can always go back to the stock drag stack in minutes in case to sell the reel for cheap or anything.

Very good point.
One of the reason why I said Black Pearl's second generation gears are a great upgrade, but don't count Adam's or Lee's inserts out.
All are useful to us.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.