Shrimp lure made from a plastic straw

Started by SteveL, August 22, 2015, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LB

An other thing to put on bucket list as things to do over the winter.

Alto Mare

Lionel, it's an honor having you here. Thanks for joining, I'm hoping you'll stick around.
Welcome!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

weather_man

Had to give this a shot. Here's my attempt. I think with the right tools I can get better. Don't think this one will fool any specks 😊

Alto Mare

Very good job weather-man, that looks good enough to eat. did it take you long?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

weather_man

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 31, 2015, 07:37:49 PM

Thanks man. Actually, it took me about 10 minutes (which is why it looks a little rough) and I already memorized all the steps. I plan to make some serious ones. I fully intend to make a couple of nice ones, probably not as nice as the ones in the video, and throw them under a popping cork for specks. I didn't add a hook or innards to this one because I was just trying to get all the steps down. Now I gotta find me some more bendy straws.I wonder if I could enclose a couple of BBs in it somehow and make it rattle a bit. Maybe give it a little spray of shrimp scent..

Dominick

Quote from: weather_man on October 31, 2015, 08:15:32 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on October 31, 2015, 07:37:49 PM

I wonder if I could enclose a couple of BBs in it somehow and make it rattle a bit. Maybe give it a little spray of shrimp scent..
Don't you love it when our members start to improve on something.  Go for it weather-guy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ez2cdave

ez2cdave

This is a tutorial video by the same guy . . . Amazing !!!

Crab Pot

He better hope California Gov. Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown doesn't see this.

He'll have his henchmen out to throw him in jail.

Not only did he have a plastic straw but willingly threw it into the ocean!

Think I'll try my hand at it, that was pretty cool.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Brewcrafter

There is some seriously cool craftsmanship here, and the creativity to do this in the first place was (heh heh) off the hook!  So many great looking lures here!