New from Santa Cruz

Started by bobaran, August 11, 2016, 12:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobaran

Hi All,

I landed on this website because I am new to long range fishing (out of San Diego) and have booked several trips. I live in Santa Cruz, California and have fished the Monterey Bay for the last 40 years. Nevertheless, I know almost nothing about tuna/wahoo fishing and this website has many knowledgeable members. My first question is: What is the address to send Mr. Tani reels for repair and what is the process? All advice greatly appreciated!

Bob

foakes

Welcome aboard, Bob --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Aiala

Hi, Bob, and welcome!

Probably best to just send Alan a message for his address. Since he's pretty much the nicest guy in the world, it shouldn't be a problem.   ;)

I've been San Diego long-range fishing for 30+ years. If I may ask, what trips/boats have you signed up for?  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

alantani

welcome, bob!  i'll send you a pm!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

johndtuttle

Tiddlerbasher

redsetta

Welcome Bob - hope you enjoy Alan's site!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

theswimmer

Welcome Bob!
My family is from the Pescadero area , and I have fished from Half Moon south all my life....
Tons of great beta here😁
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

Welcome Bob.  I've fished out of Santa Cruz many times for Rock Cod, Salmon, and the occasional Halibut.  Note, I said fished.   ;D  I haven't always been successful.  I did catch a 6' Thrasher Shark one that spooled me twice and were forced to chase it down twice before getting it up and learned that I had hooked it on it's last 1" of tail.  Ah memories.

Welcome again. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Southernreelservicing

Welcome from a fellow new member Bob.

Regards Scott