lose bearing cup

Started by broschro, October 14, 2013, 03:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

left side bearing cup on my Senator 113 and on  the 501 keeps coming loose why is this

franky

Quote from: broschro on October 14, 2013, 03:46:30 PM
left side bearing cup on my Senator 113 and on  the 501 keeps coming loose why is this

Hello Broschro,

Take off your bearing cup.  On the side plate hole where the bearing cup goes, you'll see many tabs surrounding the area where the bearing cup sits.  Take a very small flat head screwdriver and very carefully bend a couple of tabs inward just a little.  Keep in mind, "just a little" means 1 mil or so...do that to 2 or three tabs.  Now put back the bearing cap carefully and it should help to hold it in place.  :)

broschro

Bryan Young

And if your bearing receiver does not have taps, try a little teflon tape...the kind you use for plumbing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Some Teflon Tape is thicker then others. I don't mean in width.

I 'm a retired Plumber

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

tgorman

Any suggestions on the right side bearing cup coming loose??

Just replaced the main gear set  and added new drags to an old 113H with Newell kit.

After lubbing up the reel and putting some ReelX on the bearing. The cup seems pretty loose.
I have the left side tighten down all the way and it just pushes the right side out.
It pops out about 1/32" and I can push it back with my thumb if I loosed the left side.

Does not come out all the way but it is pretty loose. I can push it in an out  pretty easy.
So even with the left side tightened down there is still a lot of slop in the spool.

Suggestions?

Team work makes the dream work!

STRIPER LOU

Sounds like you may need a shim?

handi2

Quote from: bluefish69 on October 15, 2013, 01:21:55 AM
Some Teflon Tape is thicker then others. I don't mean in width.

I 'm a retired Plumber

Mike

Me too Mike.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

MarkT

I had a YTS with the issue of too much slop in the right bearing cup and solved it with a shim behind the bearing.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

tgorman

I understand the concept of a shim.  But can you show or give me an idea of what to use??? That is a very small space to try and get something in there.   
Team work makes the dream work!

MarkT

I found an appropriate sized washer from my parts in the garage.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!