Atlapac 1690

Started by The Great Maudu, December 30, 2016, 03:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 31, 2016, 03:09:18 AM
I've been dying to add one of those reels as they have a rich history in Hawaii fishing.
Brian I have been intrigued by The Atlapac Fishing Club of Hawaii ever since finding out about it. I don't know much but I would love to take an Atlapac over there and fish with them.

Superhook

OLD SCHOOL MARLIN FISHING - Catching Marlin on Zane Grey's Antique Tackle

if you do a google search on the above you will see  youtube  film of an old Pflueger reel in action . NZ striped marlin.

The rod and reel look like they have not been serviced since it was put away in the 30's.

broadway

No one has asked, but I'm gonna.  Where do you keep finding these mint relics?  The 49A and a few others recently??
Wherever you're sourcing them from you are making wise decisions... beautiful tough to find reels!
Keep it up,
Dom

The Great Maudu

Super hook I have seen that video many times. That was a battle. We don't give enough credit to whoever invented the power handle.
Broadway thanks for your appreciation of these old warriors. I don't have any secrets. I get them in the usual ways.
Here is the "middle sister". She's the 6/0 and comes with the nice box. The little sister, I'm still waiting on.

Bryan Young

Quote from: The Great Maudu on December 31, 2016, 10:46:39 PM
Super hook I have seen that video many times. That was a battle. We don't give enough credit to whoever invented the power handle.
Broadway thanks for your appreciation of these old warriors. I don't have any secrets. I get them in the usual ways.
Here is the "middle sister". She's the 6/0 and comes with the nice box. The little sister, I'm still waiting on.

OMG, that's a nice find
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sdlehr

Thanks for the inspiration, just started reading Zane Grey's fishing books on my Kindle.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

The Great Maudu

Sid, my fav is Tales of Swordfish and Tuna. I think I could have been happy living Zane Gray's life. 

sdlehr

Quote from: The Great Maudu on January 01, 2017, 08:02:22 PM
Sid, my fav is Tales of Swordfish and Tuna. I think I could have been happy living Zane Gray's life. 
That's on the list...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tightlines667

Quote from: The Great Maudu on January 01, 2017, 08:02:22 PM

Thats a good one.  I love reading early big game fishing, and hunting tales, along with early conservation development stuff (Aldo Leopold, Pinchet, Throeau, Roosevelt, and the like).
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Great stuff thanks for showing us.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.