Sal's neck o the woods

Started by thorhammer, October 07, 2015, 10:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Sal,

I drove from Scranton down to Morrisville this afternoon; very pretty coming through Poconos.

John

Alto Mare

John, that quite a bit of driving, Scranton is just as far as NY from my home, 2 1/2 hours. Morrisville is half that distance.
You've probably noticed the leaves turning already up there. It is a nice enjoyable drive.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

yes, great color in the northern part, not much traffic. very enjoyable drive, hour 45.

BTW I scored two Fenwick 50 rods this past week. any idea how old they may be given Varmac seats and epoxied aluminum butts? brown hypalon (i think), Aftco's, white traditional Fenglas with traditional brown / amber wraps.
Those are sweet rods, I'll guestimate mid 70's.
I have two from the early 80's, but they don't have the Varmac seats, they're only 1lb 5oz each. Yours should be a tad heavier due to the seats.
Sal

Dominick

I agree that the Poconos are gorgeous.  Everyone should have a drive through the mountains of the northeast on their bucket list.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

It's mostly been winter when I've come through but glad I finally got the fall view.

J