Ambassadeur 4600 C4 Clicker/Line out alarm

Started by reddognc, October 28, 2015, 09:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddognc

New to the site and have searched for the last to days for information on how to retrofit a clicker to my 4600's.

I know my local tackle store can do this for a price, but want to give it a go.

Does anyone know where I can buy the kit and whether or not it takes a new side plate?

Thanks in advance!!!
Reddog

Todd Jacobsen

Not sure on the 4600's but I have done a few of my 6500's just bought the side plate that had the line out alarm on it. Some year models are easily changed out just cant remember where I found the info that showed what year models were interchangeable.  I also found a place that shows a diagram of how to add on the line out alarm to your side plate although Im not that steady with a dremel lol.

reddognc

Any other suggestions???  Thanks for the quick reply

mike1010

It might be worth talking with the techs at Pure Fishing.  I have found them to be knowledgeable and helpful.

thinkwahoo

Yep, talk to Pure fishing, and buy the complete left side plate for a Pro Rocket. It will have the clicker assembly installed.

Keta

Quote from: reddognc on October 29, 2015, 06:05:32 AM
Any other suggestions???  Thanks for the quick reply

You will have to replace the clicker side assembly, I've done it with 5600's.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

reddognc

Thanks for the advice.  Email sent to Pure Fishing with the inquiry.

Mooki

There are 2 different clickers.
The most common is the one in the side plate, this one uses a plastic cog on the spool itself - so it will click no matter which direction the spool is turning.
Meaning that when active you'll have clicks when reeling in, as well as when line is being pulled.
The second type is mostly common on older reels, but can often be retro fitted in modern reels - although you only get 1 drag disk instead of 3.
Often referred top as "click spring", the main gear contains a blade spring which clicks against the metal brake disk (which is perforated).

Just so you don't expect one behaviour and get a different when mounting the ordered parts :)
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...