International 11 50TW Rebuild

Started by BahamaLure, January 12, 2011, 02:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BahamaLure

Looks like we have a bona-fide mystery here.... it is not part of the dog & pawl assembly as I did not disturb that, just cleaned up and lubed it. Also not screw 63A as mine is a single speed reel and the equivalent screws 38B on this diagram are accounted for....

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/50tw.pdf

I still believe this screw came off the reel from somewhere. When I next have a minute I'll take the spool back off the reel and look again inside for clues, until then the floor is yours gentlemen....

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Alan

Alto Mare

Kamu, where did that screw come from?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BahamaLure

I think I found it  -  goes behind the main gear and holds the cam housing in place, see Alan's 50T rebuild thread and there is a photo of it. I'll shoot pics when I take it back apart.
Alan

kamuwela

looks like the same screw as the quadrant ring. also looks like one of 2 retaining screw's for the cam housing. also they use those screw's to retain the main gear to the side plate.

alantani

after a surgery, all the clamps, etc., get counted to make sure that nothing get's left inside the patient.  always good to make sure that nothing's missing or left over after surgery.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

How come no one mentioned spare parts?  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BahamaLure

Mystery solved. The screw goes to hold in and I think index the drag cam housing, (part 125 on the diagram but it has no name). see in the photo the housing has a detent in the upper right corner of the photo, this is supposed to go where I am pointing with the screw driver.

Note the lug holes have now moved I don't know but I would guess having them in the wrong position would change the drag profile?? It was worth keeping track of the parts and taking the time to correct the problem instead of find the drag was all wrong AFTER hooking a fish! Thank you for the help, now on to the Fin-Nor 30W.

Alan

kamuwela

with out the screw the cam housing would have turned and cause a loss of free spool great job keep it up.

barkley1956

Hi All! I have two 50TW's apart for a friend, neither one has a bearing sleeve in it. The reels were reported to be "pulsing" under a load. I found spots of blue grease on the drag washers which most likely is run off excess from the bearing housing. Were these reels made without the sleeves or do you think they were removed on purpose?

Rwade27

Barlkey, I noticed the 50tw schematic shows a spool sleeve # 13b. Im almost certain when I serviced my two 50tw reels which were purchased new and no one else touched them, they did not have a spool sleeve either though. You can see the schematic at pennparts website.

Robert Janssen

Most of them were made without sleeves. Only reels produced late in that models lifetime would have them.

This has nothing at all to do with drag though.

barkley1956