Navarre Skunk Report

Started by Shark Hunter, September 20, 2015, 05:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on September 20, 2015, 08:43:53 PM
That's why it's called fishing er vacation.  Sitting on a beach in anticipation of some action is fun.  Dominick
Yup!...and sharing it with your loved ones makes it that much better. There is always be next time.
Thanks for the report buddy... nice pics ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

newport

I was expecting to see the everol!

Shark Hunter

I'm glad I didn't bring it. There was nothing out there for it.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 27, 2015, 04:48:22 AM
I'm glad I didn't bring it. There was nothing out there for it.

Yeah, but the chicks dig it.   8)    (I can't remember which one of my old buddies used to say that in answer to everything).
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

STRIPER LOU

Man, 500 yds out? If you nail a big boy at that distance it will be a bigtime workout.
You'll get em next time around.
.................lou

Hey, just curious, on occasion when we shark or tuna  fish we like to take a whole bait and stuff some cotton down their gullet and fill them with bunker oil and wire the mouth shut. Ever try that?

Shark Hunter

No, I haven't Lou. Not sure what Bunker Oil even is.
After a couple hours, the bait is crabbed out. Then we run out fresh. The Bonita is extremely Bloody.
I need to start using stingray, I had my Bow with me, but didn't shoot any.
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Mr D.
Bunker oil is the oil that comes from menhaden. Bait fishing here for tuna can be 300ft or more deep. A lot of times the tuna are suspended a 100/150ft so no crabs to worry about. We've even stuck a piece of rag in the baits gullet and then squirt some bunker oil from a squeeze bottle into them to saturate the rag. Wire them shut and then you have this pungent oil leaking from your bait continually. I'm a firm believer in scents.
A lot of times I'll take my artificials the night before, put them in a ziplock with scent, soak them overnight and fish them the next day. I may have several bags ready and change lures out occasionally to make sure they leave scent an oil slick in the water.
Might be a bit extreme but it works!!
...............Lou

RowdyW

I've been using the Berkley Gulp Alive soaking them in a jar. Going to find some Bunker oil because it can't hurt to try it.

bluefish69

Try Shark River Mail Order    srmo.com   Nice place to work with.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

STRIPER LOU

The great thing about the bunker oil is not only the smell but the visible slick it leaves in the water.

RowdyW

It's probably available at any local live bait shop here in Florida.

Slugggo

It was still a fun trip.
We will get them in the spring!

Shark Hunter

If nothing else, we slayed the Yuengling! ;D
We had all our ducks in a row. It is what it is. All I can think about, is going back. ;D
I have seven months to wait.
Life is Good!