NYC Snow Report

Started by broadway, January 13, 2011, 04:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Dom,

That does sound like fun, but pushing a shopping cart down Thompson St. isn't easy... none the less, a garbage truck with a plow.  I haven't seen a Molien, but I'm gonna google it.  Everything is fun in oyur twenties, though I'm only 34 I do see the difference.  The difference really showed itself on New Years when I recovered four days later... ain't doing that again till next year!  By the way, NYC Sanitation did a great job with this last snow storm... Bloomberg still sucks!
Dom 

Dominick

Hey Dom! I don't think you are going to find Molien or Moline as in snow plow.  I think the snow plows had a legend on the side that said made in Moline, Ill.  The name is like the word Spaldeen, a pink ball made by Spalding.  Names were bastardized.  They became their own slang.  Thinking back on a Moline, the cab looked like a single sea cab that you would see on a backhoe.  It had big wheels and was probably no longer than 15' with an 8' plow on the front.  The best part was it had a heater in the cab.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I hear ya on the bastardized names... most people can't even understand when my father talks unless their from old NY.  For example: vegetable is pronounced vegable, sandwich is sanguich, toilet is turlet, my favorite is frutation meant to be fruition:) Gotta love it!  I know what you mean on the heater being the best part.  The first pick up plow we had (for 1 month) had no heat... felt like my feet were blocks of ice!  Stay warm my friend
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Watch the old reruns of All In The Family and take language lessons from Archie Bunker. Oh, crap! I just dated myself. Well, probably Dominick and Alan know who I'm talking about. ;D ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Roger

Quote from: norcal pescador on January 17, 2011, 12:06:59 AM
Watch the old reruns of All In The Family and take language lessons from Archie Bunker. Oh, crap! I just dated myself. Well, probably Dominick and Alan know who I'm talking about. ;D ;D

LOL, can we just start calling you "Meathead"?
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Roger on January 17, 2011, 01:17:25 AM
Quote from: norcal pescador on January 17, 2011, 12:06:59 AM

LOL, can we just start calling you "Meathead"?

Since I opened that door and walked in I probably deserve it, Roger! :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

.....  toilet is turlet ......

archie is the exact person i thought of when i read that!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

My dad IS Archie without the anti-semitism!  ...I've watched almost every episode of All in the Family... I love that show!

Dom 

Dominick

forgeddaboutit yer dun't no nutin... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I just watched it pescachaser, you lived it!

Dom

broadway

It's 245AM in NYC and it's snowin' again!  .... I feel like I live in Siberia.  Well guys its looks like you won't be hearing from me till Saturday... I hope at least someone is dry and toasty :'(
Dom