the list! - updated 10/22/2015

Started by alantani, October 03, 2015, 04:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Just made my plane reservations for June 19th. My Fathers Day present to myself! Arrive SD at 2:54p on AA flt 1401, so I should be settled in and ready for Miguels by 5ish.
Maybe this year I won't get a taxi driver to haul me to the Vagabond at Sea World.
Need to be at the airport by 9:30a on the 25th. Have an 11:00 flight back to ATL. Hopefully that will all work out.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

should be no problem!  we'll figure out who can shuttle you back and forth.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stoked4fishin

Hey Scott
Congrats on the new addition!  I was just reading through all of the posts, and saw yours.
Jeff

Wally15

Quote from: stoked4fishin on January 20, 2016, 03:16:02 AM
Hey Scott
Congrats on the new addition!  I was just reading through all of the posts, and saw yours.
Jeff
Yeah, that will sure put a crimp in his fishing plans for the next 20 years or so  :)
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

sundaytrucka

Thank you Jeff!!! Hoping for a boy this time around, I do not think I could survive three women. LOL

I can attest to that Mike, now I am working on a plan to do much more fishing than I did in 2015.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Big Tim

This list has changed! And Wes is on it  ;D

BT

theswimmer

Quote from: sundaytrucka on January 22, 2016, 05:46:57 AM
Thank you Jeff!!! Hoping for a boy this time around, I do not think I could survive three women. LOL

I can attest to that Mike, now I am working on a plan to do much more fishing than I did in 2015.

-Scott

Just take a lesson from my Dad,
Going fishing? The kids go and give Mama a break!
I learned how to drive a boat at about 7 or 8 years old.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

ok, gentlemen, we are all paid in full. 

dangalang

Quote from: alantani on May 18, 2016, 11:02:41 PM
ok, gentlemen, we are all paid in full. 

Yeah!! Bring on the pelagics!!

alantani

we will not know for sure what we are fishing for until we board. there are yellowtail at cedros, but there are also bluefin out in open water.  we are looking at 30, 40 and 50 pound rigs for sure, but have one that you can quickly convert to 60 just in case we get into a blue fin bite and they go stupid. 

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on May 18, 2016, 11:34:04 PM
we will not know for sure what we are fishing for until we board. there are yellowtail at cedros, but there are also bluefin out in open water.  we are looking at 30, 40 and 50 pound rigs for sure, but have one that you can quickly convert to 60 just in case we get into a blue fin bite and they go stupid.  

Let's hope the seiners don't wreck the bite again...But 60? after my last 2 years I will be lucky to go a strong 40 and a light 50

BT

Big Tim

Alan? Would be nice to know prior to getting on the boat if they are going tuna fishing or not? I'm all good for gear up to 40# rig but the IRS got all my bigger stuff  ;D I'm sure I can cobble together a reel nice set up for for heavier fish and even purchase a belt as 976-Tuna is report 100 pounders on overnighters  :o That's a whole different ball game and maybe not everyone is prepared or can afford that kind of fishing. Any input would be appreciated.

BT

MarkT

Tim, I have multiple 50# rigs if you need one.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

i'm going through spectra right now, will start going through the reels soon.  one of the things that keeps going through my head is something that i read quite a while ago, that "a general plans for the last war."  i'll be making room assignments soon.  if you're over 60, got a bad back or you're hard of hearing, figure you get a bottom bunk towards the stern.  if you're young and signed up late, you're on the bow.  during roll call, you will get a bungie cord to secure rods so we don't have them bouncing around on the deck like last year.  so many things to do......   :-\

alantani

jack, i found your reel.  i've got a new way of stringing it up that i want to try.