WD40 - Marine Grade Grease

Started by Marlinmate, January 29, 2017, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

RowdyW

It says water resistant but is it saltwater resistant?  ???

PacRat

It does say "Marine-Grade" and further down on the tube it says, "Maximum Lubrication for Extreme Marine Applications"...and it does have boats all over the label. I would consider 'Marine' to mean 'Salt Water'.

I'm going to pick up a tube when I see it on the shelf. I have a good application that will really test it but it will take a long while to get some feed-back.
-Mike

Marlinmate

I too am going to try it out when I stumble across it.  Can't hurt.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

foakes

Quote from: RowdyW on January 29, 2017, 08:50:24 PM
It says water resistant but is it saltwater resistant?  ???

Good point, Rudy --

Saltwater resistant and easy washout when servicing is the key -- along with viscosity mannerisms.

Looking forward to testing and pricing reports.

At least for me, for now, Yamaha Marine Grease is affordable -- but more importantly -- has the characteristics that are perfect for me.  $8 for 14 oz over the counter is a plus, also.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

I think someone is not reading the entire Label and description.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW