Old Cooler and the future!

Started by gstours, October 19, 2015, 12:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

How long can the old cooler keep putting out the mojo?  Its a tough question.  I priced a new one and was startled to find they dont make that model any more?    Ya I could bring  my Yeti but then I would have to start all over again!  Is this not like getting a new pup before hunting season?    I might lend out my rod and reel,  But never chance losing the red cooler. Careful!   I must br Careful!

I put a Mojo Meter on it and it went off the scale,  sunset, maxed!   

Superhook

Looks like you need a bigger " 8) er" or start catching smaller fish .  ;)

gstours

Ask these fellas if they felt the Mojo radiation?   A picture is worth a book!!!!!

thorhammer

That's insane. I have my lucky fishing hat that I had to duct tape the brim back on but those butts are just ridiculous. 

Oceanreels

Gstours,
  How many Halibut are you allowed per day per person?   How many for the season?
    Thanks, Brian
Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Steve-O

Brian....depends on where one fishes. I think Gary is in the Southeast Alaska area.

Halibut are regulated by the Feds - IPHC.

The boiled down version is 2 fish per person, per day any size if Unguided/non-charter fishing.

Otherwise for Southeast AK area - one fish,per person, per day, up to 42 inches if guided/chartered fishing.

The halibut season opens Feb 1 and closes Dec 31 for the spawning season.

From the AK fish and games regs:

HALIBUT
• Pacific halibut fisheries
are managed by the federal
government under international
treaty. Federal possession and
landing requirements for sport caught
halibut differ from state
regulations. Proxy fishing for
halibut is not allowed.
• Season: February 1–December
• Unguided anglers—limit is
2 per day (no size limit), 4 in
possession.
• Consult federal regulations for the following: bag, size, and possession limits for
guided (charter) anglers; possession and landing requirements, and inseason changes
to the regulations.
• Federal halibut regulations are available from NOAA Fisheries Alaska Region, (907)
586-7228, http://www.fakr.noaa.gov/sustainablefisheries/halibut/sport.htm and
International Pacific Halibut Commission, (206) 634-1838,
http://www.iphc.int/sport.html

Steve-O

Quote from: gstours on October 19, 2015, 12:28:05 AM
How long can the old cooler keep putting out the mojo?  Its a tough question.  I priced a new one and was startled to find they dont make that model any more?    Ya I could bring  my Yeti but then I would have to start all over again!  Is this not like getting a new pup before hunting season?    I might lend out my rod and reel,  But never chance losing the red cooler. Careful!   I must br Careful!  I put a Mojo Meter on it and it went off the scale,  sunset, maxed!   

Gary,  that cooler is indeed no longer made but there are a few out there if you look around. I found a few in the $100 range including one of the special production Coca-Cola versions. Mojo not included.  So ya - like training a new dog.  You could get your replacement cooler and let it ride along side or underneath the seasoned veteran Mojo Cooler until enough mojo is absorbed...then retire the original to it's own pedestal or display case.

Or sell it for a BUNDLE to someone on here and retire!! ;D

David Hall

Mojo may not be transferrable?  Id just keep on duct taping her till she disintegrates into purple fog!