Penn Spool ID - 116 I think

Started by Wayne B., October 06, 2015, 03:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne B.

I just bought a nice 114 box that I needed for my collection. The seller told me it had a spare spool with it. I obviously was expecting a 114 spool, but I received a spool that is almost larger than my 114 reel. It measures 3-3/8" width and 4-7/8" diameter. It is a newer one-piece design. Looks like it has never been used. What is the part number for this spool or what reel does it fit? I have no need for it so will be selling it. Just like to be able to describe it correctly.

mizmo67

Hi,

The 116 12/0 spool 29L-116 in black aluminum that I have here measures 4 7/8" diameter, 4 1/16" width from outer edges.

I don't have the 29M chrome on bronze on hand to measure, but we had these notes in the inventory file:
SPOOL, CHROMED BRONZE 4 7/8 diameter,  5.85 shaft width approx., 4.12 in. spool width (caliper measurements)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

I'll measure mine when I get off work. If that's a 116A spool. You have a buyer Wayne.
Life is Good!

conchydong

Probably a 10/0 spool. Hard to find in new condition.

Shark Hunter

Yup, It is confirmed. A 10/0 spool. I sent you a PM Wayne.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Just so you know.
Wayne sold this spool on ebay. This post needs deleted.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I just purchased a 10/0 spool on ebay, I had no idea it was the same spool. I collect parts for 10/0's and always try to grab them whenever I can. If you need the spool, let me know and I'll send it over to you at my cost.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

No need Sal,
I'm glad you are the one that got it.
I sent you a pm.
Life is Good!

broadway

Lol, it's a small world... good deal on that 10/0 spool I was watching it (briefly) too ;)
Dom

Maxed Out

I saw it also and thought to myself how rarely these come up for sale. Any spool from 10/0 on up is extremely rare to find as unused.

You got a great deal Sal.....some might say you can find a whole 10/0 reel for less than $200, but those are always used and worn. Often times a reel that looks perfect will have a partly corroded spool and having a new one will make it a gem. ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

I have 5 of them here Mike. I gave less than $150 each for all of them before upgrades in the last two years or so. One I got for $60. ;)
This was before the many upgrades we have available now. Mainly ss sleeves and inserts.
I think those days are long gone. :'(

Life is Good!

Wayne B.

Daron:

That's some nice looking reels!

Wayne