Penn 112H help needed

Started by southland, October 06, 2015, 05:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josa1

Hi Southland,

I believe that you can change the size of the pictures by changing the resolution on the camera.  I use the lowest resolution for reel pictures and seems to work fine.  Anyway, you might give it a try and see what happens.

josa1

foakes

Just use Photobucket --

It automatically resizes when posting -- and it is free and easy.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

AlasKen

Removing the pin in insert.  I did this last weekend for the first time.  It uses a 1/16 pin punch.  I had a short piece of 2x4 from a project.  About 4".  I drilled a 1/4 inch hole about an inch deep in the end of the 2x4 approximately where the pin is when the insert is against the side of the 2x4.  When I was ready to drive the pin out I just put the pin over the hole and tapped it out.  The insert was fully supported by the 2x4 and the pin dropped into the hole and allowed me to turn over the 2x4 and let the pin fall in to my hand.  I didn't have to crawl around on my hands and knees looking for it like I do for dog springs.  Ken

Shark Hunter

My Main Man Harry K uses a 2x4. It makes it very simple instead of it rolling around.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Hey Daron I like it.  I also like that plastic tube holding the drags in place.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

I removed a pin today using a socket for the pin to fall into. Used a 1/16" pin Punch & Alan's Wrench to tap it out.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

southland

Thanks men, already did the 2x4 with hole trick last night. Ordered some Cal's Drag Grease, TSI 321, and Corrosion X today from Smoothdrag. Going to check the local Yamaha dealer for the Yamalube Marine Grease tomorrow. If they don't have it, will also order it. Fred is sending me some new drag washers, nice man.

Saw a trick on removing pins by Alan T in which he mounts the punch in a drill press and pushes pins out by lowering the drill, not turned on of course. Seems like a good idea and will keep everything straight. Will be the weekend before I can get to the store and buy a 1/16 punch

foakes

1/16" punches are prone to bending and breaking.

Go to Sears -- get a "Craftsman" 1/16" for about $4.

When it breaks -- and it will if you do enough reels -- just return it to Sears -- they just hand you a brand new one -- no questions asked.

Lifetime guarantee.

I am on my 5th one in 12 years -- only paid for one.

I always have two on hand -- so when one breaks -- I just continue with the other, then get a new one the next time I'm at Sears.

The 1/8" have never broken.

Washers and drags are packaged and on their way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

southland

They closed our big Sears store a few years back. They do have a Sears Hometown Store here now but have never been inside. I do know they carry a lot of appliances, probably have tools also but not sure what type of selection they have.

southland

Went up to the shop to put some penetrating oil on the bridge assembly. While up there I noticed a piece of wire small enough to work as a punch, maybe spring steel. Cut of a short piece about 3/4 inch long and held in place with some needle nose pliers. A couple of soft taps and the pin feel right out. Still haven't had time to go get a small punch. Now just need to clean everything up and wait on the oil, grease, and drag washers.

foakes

Post Office is saying Tuesday delivery on the washers -- but could be Monday -- sent First Class.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.