Canned Salmon Recipe

Started by Tightlines667, October 03, 2015, 08:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

Salmon and halibut are in the canner!

Right on 13psi for 120 mins. 23 pints in one session with two cookers.

Oops! Wrong count...make that 24 pints. Just pulled the beauties out to cool down.

My wife has a model 915 and jumbo model 921 All American brand canners. The jumbo holds 19 ponts in one go!

Dominick

Steve-O u da man.  That is a beautiful set up.  Good looking stove also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Thanks, Dominick!  We did a major remodel in late 2010 and looked at the Viking line until our appliance dealer offered us a cancellation order deal on Thermador brand and saved us a bundle.  A six burner range with hood and a microwave, convection/conventional oven with warming drawer below. Plus dishwasher all stainless. But the fridge freezer is a Bosch....must be a Euro thing with the icemaker...takes 6 or more hours to flip out cubes. I know they prefer no ice over there but geee....we are using filtered water in ice trays and then dump them in the bin to grind it fine out the door.

Looking foward to chowing down on fresh caught and canned salmon!

We've had the canners a while and have a mehu-liisa juicer, several steam canners and used them .

Sorry for crapola iPad pics. Walk in pantry peek and west side of the kitchen.

Alto Mare

Yes that is a nice set up, good work my friend. Off topic, but did you make those decorative tiles?
Steve, I need to taste one of your jars.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Steve-O

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 11, 2015, 12:51:02 PM
Yes that is a nice set up, good work my friend. Off topic, but did you make those decorative tiles?
Steve, I need to taste one of your jars.
Sal
Thanks, Sal.

Re: tasting one of my jars. I'm sure the glass tastes the same as yours.... ::) :D

However, let me open one this week and see how they came out. If suitable for discerning palates... I'll pack one up and gladly send it your way.

Alto Mare

;D...
I had some jarred Tuna from Ted ( Max Doubt ) a while back and it was amazing.

Thanks Steve.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Steve-O

My wife said she just bought the back splash tiles when we designed the new kitchen.  The best thing we did was push the walls out 3 feet each way so the island now has lots of walk around room. Before the DW door was less than a foot from the island. Now 3 feet when open.

Some of the tiles. Herbs.

Alto Mare

They look good Steve,. I've seen some of your work, that's why I asked. ;D
One of my customer had tiles hand made from Mexico, I believe she paid $50 a piece. There weren't many, just a dozen.
I told her to get someone else to lay them, I wasn't going to touch them, because they had an Owl on them.
The next day she calls me and says all is good, I could go ahead and lay the tiles.
When I got there she had them covered with a picture of La Mona Lisa  ;D.

Steve-O

First, an apology for side jacking the OP's thread.

Second, Sal, my canning job was a home run! Just polished off the first jar and If you plan on getting one before they're gone, I'll need an address. For UPS. It will be packed gorilla proof! :D

Alto Mare

I believe I should be apologizing Steve. Hey, a man has to do what he has to do to receive a jar of freshly caught Salmon ;D.
I will PM you my address, thanks Steve, I appreciate this.

Sal

Sorry guys, back to the original post, carry on gentlemen.