HELP! Gears stuck on 2 speed reel

Started by Wwen, October 10, 2015, 05:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wwen

Thanks guys for the help.

Between yalls advice and the schemaics, I ended up being able to remove the gears from the reel. However the gears still didn't shift. Maxel sent me a new set of gears and shaft and now it works. Additionally the free spool problem was because either I had lost one of the spool springs or it didn't come with one? Idk. But I was sent 5 of the reel springs and after installing one of the springs the free spool works. Seems to have worked out so far. Was hoping to get to put it to the test on the water for some large warsaw groupers (my capt caught about several over 100lbs on one trip a few weeks ago...) and also we have mini-cow size tunas in texas overnight trips right now. Seen some reports of up to 180lbs landed and bigger lost. A stella 20k was spooled!! However, all three consecutive overnight trips canceled due to weather. What a bummer......... Anyways I have a Venice overnight trip this upcoming weekend and a TX overnight Dec. 5-6. Hopefully luck turns around.

foakes

Obviously, you wouldn't go on your trip without a couple of back-up reels for the Maxel.

Good luck on your upcoming trip.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wwen

Yep. I'm bringing Accurates, Avet, Shimanos.