5-66 in a 60

Started by Keta, March 25, 2015, 01:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Has anyone modified a 60 sideplate to take a 5-66 gear?  It will have to be an open drag stack but more washers will fit in the taller gear.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

I have thought about it but the 66 gear is a lot taller than the 60 gear. The LB 66 is a pretty nice reel itself and the LB 60s that I put CFs in with Cals are some pretty tough reels catching AJs and Cobias.

George4741

viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

I should have know it was Sal that did it.   I have a 60 sideplate and a 5-66 setting around I might play with.  

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

The easiest ay to do that is buy a 2/0 Senator.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

But I have the part for this.  I also have Bryan's 5+1 kits in several reels that use the 5-60 main gear, and a "home made" delrin +5" drag kit in my Monofil's 5-155 main gear.

Mark Twain

mo65

Quote from: Keta on March 26, 2015, 02:38:33 PM
  I have a "home made" delrin +5" drag kit in my Monofil's 5-155 main gear.

This sounds cool Lee...is there a post here about it? Was it a hard to make? Wish I had a way to grind down some washers...would be a fun project for a monofil or peerless 9...or maybe my 180 L'il Blackie. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~