Your National Symbol

Started by gstours, October 13, 2015, 02:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is a Bald Eagle, It was in my yard one day so I hurried to fetch my camera, but there was no need as it sat on a tree limb for an hour or so.  He/She seemed to say to me thru its wireless com that I didn,t need to worry cause it would be watchin everything.

the adults have a white head and about a 6 ft wingspan and very very good long range eyesight. the juveniles have a very drab brown/grey mottled feathering and are not very pretty until about 2-3 years of age. They eat both dead and living fish/mammals, pulling pcs, off while holding the animal down with its strong feet/talons and pulling with a powerful hooked beak!   They are at the top of the bird predator list as they are powerful, and smart, yet seemingly fearless.         thanks.

Dominick

Hey Gary with all the critters going through your backyard be careful you don't become dinner.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That is a great picture Gary. I had a Big Hawk in the Backyard that had some huge talons.
I have witnessed them attacking a Morning Dove at the feeder on several occasions. They are reduced to nothing but feathers pretty darn quick.
Life is Good!

johndtuttle

That is the "I smell Halibut. I like 'em Halibut! Where Halibut!?" look.... ;D