Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on March 19, 2020, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: xjchad on March 19, 2020, 08:45:30 PM
Looks like a great way to pass the time!

I'm super jealous of that Yuengling!  Can't get it here  :(

I'll drink a few for you.

;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

So far...the only good I've seen come from this coronavirus crap...is the tinkering with reels y'all are doing while cooped up at the fort. Great work folks...keep it coming...I'm cooped up reading it all! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Quote from: mo65 on March 19, 2020, 10:47:53 PM
   So far...the only good I've seen come from this coronavirus crap...is the tinkering with reels y'all are doing while cooped up at the fort. Great work folks...keep it coming...I'm cooped up reading it all! 8)

I'm looking forward to what you'll be contributing too Mo!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

1badf350

Today I got this super clean Kingfisher trade reel. I think it is a 1933 SeaFord
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Maxed Out

Very nice, and hardly see signs of use. 87 years old and could never tell by looking

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 20, 2020, 11:41:58 PM

Very nice, and hardly see signs of use. 87 years old and could never tell by looking

Thanks Ted, indeed I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Benni3

Very nice,,,, :D great fine man,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Sharkb8

Picked up a couple of penn Kimberley today the pink reel is a Kimberley 4000 and holds 220m/12lb and is 5.5/1 the black reel is a Kimberley classic 7000 and holds 340m/20lb and is 5.51 gear ratio and looks very  similar to the ABU 7000.

Kim

1badf350

Wow tell me more about them. They do look like Abu reels
-Chris

Cuttyhunker

Me too, had never seen or heard of the Kimberly series!
Doomed from childhood

broadway

They look like reels produced for another country.
Don't think they were produced for the US market but not positive.
Maybe they were produced to compete with abu or others alike.
Cool pieces,
Dom

Sharkb8

All I know about them they were made by Jarvis walker under the Penn logo for a few years around 2005 I think for the Australia market, Kimberley being in western Australia and they made four models the 4000 5000 6000 and 7000

Kim

broadway

That makes sense.
There are a bunch of Penn reels that were made for international markets over the years.
Thanks for showing
Dom

mo65

Nice find on those Kimberleys...they don't come up often. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~