Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

not mine, but this is the 1st time I have a 6/0 with box /papers from the original owner for service.

yay!! the reel feels like if its filled with playDoh clay instead of grease, pretty sure I will find the original Penn grease from 1975 solidified
I dont know if you can see it, the reel cost was $58.99  ;D
The Baja Guy

Wompus Cat

Tell him I will refund his Purchase price and a Bird  Dog Fee for you . ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

steelfish

Quote from: steelfish on October 26, 2021, 06:52:32 PM
not mine, but this is the 1st time I have a 6/0 with box /papers from the original owner for service.

yay!! the reel feels like if its filled with playDoh clay instead of grease, pretty sure I will find the original Penn grease from 1975 solidified
I dont know if you can see it, the reel cost was $58.99  ;D

just continuing with some pics of the papers that were inside the Box of the 114h, they were some catalogs that are about to disintegrate, they crack everytime you open a page  ;D ;D and the selling ticket from Aug, 1978

The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Can a penn reel be dated by the price listed on the box? (If the box still exists)
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Ron Jones

I haven't thought about Fed-Mart in a long, long time. Use to get food there while grandma shopped. Bought a bunch of tackle there with the Old Man.

Thanks, that is a great memory.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

Quote from: Ron Jones on October 27, 2021, 07:18:22 PM
Thanks, that is a great memory.
The Man

You're welcome Ron, I also had good memories when I saw the ticket on the box, Fed-mart was the place where my Dad bought us (me and two brothers) our 1st game console, the mighty Atari 2600, good times.
The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on October 27, 2021, 07:07:29 PM
Can a penn reel be dated by the price listed on the box? (If the box still exists)

Yes, assuming the reel is original to that box.

Alex, the catalogs you have are not same year as the sales receipt, but still are likely correct for this reel. Some stores took a while to sell thier stockpiles, so no surprise reel has a 1976 catalog and a 1978 sales receipt
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 27, 2021, 07:47:51 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on October 27, 2021, 07:07:29 PM

Yes, assuming the reel is original to that box.

Alex, the catalogs you have are not same year as the sales receipt, but still are likely correct for this reel. Some stores took a while to sell thier stockpiles, so no surprise reel has a 1976 catalog and a 1978 sales receipt
As far as I know there are still two US 114HLWs with
the factory full cage aluminum frame at the counter of the Kaneohe NEX. Last I checked they were $200.00 apiece.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

1badf350

Here's a really cool and seldom seen reel I just got. A 1933 Kingfisher trade reel AKA 1933 Bayside

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Nice find Chris !! Pretty nice shape to ! Congrats   John Taylor

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Deepennz

Hi Chris
Nice find - Once again I also have one of those !!
It is interesting that both are the 300yd versions - usually alot harder to find. What is also interesting is that the 1933 Bayside is a very rare item, but we now have at least 2 kingfisher/penn clones.
I think Col(milne) and Mike C hade a discussion on this site about the model no's and appropriate boxes - I seem to remember that Col found the correct box for this model.
I will have to re-read the thread - I think it is in the Penn trade reel section.

Cheers
Martin

1badf350

Martin I read that thread about Cols box and it made my head spin so much info to absorb. LOL
This reel here seems to be a 250yd version.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Deepennz

Hi Chris,
It all made my head spin too - was hoping you could decipher it for me!!
From what I can make out we have model Pacific 4047/4048 and Col has the box that goes with my reel.
I will have to sell this reel to you one day, and if you can twist Col's arm then that would make an awesome display!!
Cheers
Martin