Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Well, it's been a while since I've added anything, So...
Been on the hunt for a while now for one of these.

Thankyou, ( To you know who ) for this opportunity, It's another crossed off the list..

Col 

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Good addition... a tough reel to find with the "A" designation on the plate.
Congrats Col,
Dom

1badf350

Nice reel Col! Happy to see this thread staying alive.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

milne

Thanks Guys,
            Was sure happy snaring this one for the shelf.
Yes, it has been a tad quiet on here of late Chris, I still look regularly, but seems there's not to many bargains to be had of late. F/Book seems to be the BIG go to now a days, a lot of newish collectors going hard there, hence prices seem to have sky rocketed..  Haven't yet hit any local markets where we moved to yet, but looking forward to scouring them for a potential bargain, once where settled in a bit more...

Col

54bullseye

Nice to see some action on this Penn thread !!! Been pretty slow lately. Nice reel Col !!    John Taylor

mo65

Love those 49As! Great score Col! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Jenx

It's been a good week. I bought two 525 MAG's and a 955 off of OfferUp. I've been looking for a 525 for a good while now. The 955 wasn't a reel that was on my radar, but you don't see these pop up very often, and I just couldn't help myself. I'm a sucker for quality round baitcasters.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

nelz

Quote from: Jenx on May 04, 2022, 09:01:33 PMThe 955 wasn't a reel that was on my radar, but you don't see these pop up very often, and I just couldn't help myself. I'm a sucker for quality round baitcasters.

Gotta love those round baitcasters. The gold finish on that 955 is gorgeous. Good find.

Jenx

Quote from: nelz on May 05, 2022, 01:28:05 AMGotta love those round baitcasters. The gold finish on that 955 is gorgeous. Good find.

Thanks. It is a nice looking reel. I prefer this shade of gold to that of the calcutta's.

I was a bit hesitant to buy this reel, as I have heard some mixed reviews on them. I've seen multiple complaints about the eccentric button and the levelwind failing on these, and I even ran across an old post on a different forum where Alan admits he's not a big fan of these reels (corrosion issues).

For now I plan on using this exclusively for freshwater, and hopefully I get a chance soon to see how it fishes.

Bill B

Good score.  Of course we all know how to deal with corrosion, just a dad will do ya'. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! 525Mag a fav, respooling mine today. ALWAYS wanted an INT caster too. If you decide you don't need any of them, lemme know :)