Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepennz

Hi,
Is that a '38-'39 Penn 49 in the top right?

Shellbelly

Quote from: Deepennz on April 08, 2023, 04:34:16 AMIs that a '38-'39 Penn 49 in the top right?
I can't make out the clicker type!  What's the second from the top left?
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Cuttyhunker

Deep you win the grand prize......A free lifetime membership to AlanTani.Com.

The 49 clicker didn't seem to be a "kiss, so I downloaded the photo and after blowing it up, was almost certain it was a waffle.  It doesn't take much to keep one amused in retirement so I took the 2 hour drive across Florida to Daytona and sure enough, a waffle,  I'll post some more pix after it gets a much needed bath

Shelly 2nd from top left is a numbered 155

Top row;  Bronson, 155, 65, 85, 114h, 49
Bottom; Mitchell, O/C, O/C, and an almost 6/0 sized Pflueger

The Bronson has no markings, and I have read the California versions have some value, the mid west ones not so much, is there any way to tell which this one is?
Doomed from childhood

1badf350

It's about time someone grabbed that lot.
Great score dude!!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Cuttyhunker

Thanks Clet,
The Pfleuger is destined to go offshore for some school tuna I think this coming summer, after a service job, it really has a solid tight feel about it compared to most other reels, kind of like an AR next to an AK.  You do range far and wide in your searches, but no surprise there having watched the scores you come up with.  Search on!! :d   
Doomed from childhood

Reeltyme

Cutty, Don't knock that one off the shelf this time. Nice score with the addition of that pretty little Pflueger. Don't forget to get these Long Beach anchors before you head north!

Shellbelly

Not exactly reels, but some very hard-to-find parts I'm always looking for.  1st year 3 pc spools for Sailfisher.  If they've been spooled, I can't tell.  My projects just took a big leap forward.  Normally, you have to find the reel with a "good-looking" spool just to get one of these. Then you don't know if it's deformed until you spin it.

Thanks go to Chris, 1badf350, for the Ohana heads-up!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

1badf350

Wow those are great!!!! Glad you got them!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Maxed Out

1938 Penn 12/0 senator as found (pic from the internet)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Some new line and a Maxed out handle and it will be ready for the albacre !!!! 8)  8)  8)

Donnyboat

Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

Great grab Ted. I was unsure if someone was gonna take a swing at it. Glad it went to a good home!
-Chris

1badf350

I paid through the nose for this one, as some of you know, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

-Chris

JasonGotaProblem

First gen 14/0? I understand those are quite rare
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

1badf350

-Chris