113h Tib Frame issues

Started by TongassFisher, February 28, 2017, 04:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TongassFisher

Hi folks,

I was hoping to consult with you Tiburon experts. I just installed a new style Tiburon frame (Does not use factory inside plate rings) on a 113h. The side plate screws on the handle side fit perfectly while the clicker side plate screws hang out past the frame and are to long. Clearly the widths of the right and left side plates are different. Has anyone sourced out the exact screw that will be as long as possible to mate of with max threads possible while not extending out past the frame so that line could hang up?

I can buy them from a member here or if someone knows the correct screw on Scott's to order, that would help me tremendously!

Thanks for you time,

Trevor

Bryan Young

Hi Trevor,

I cut mine to length then spin them in acdrill to smooth them out. That has been the best in my opinion.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TongassFisher

If  no one else chimes and I will give this a try .  Thanks for replying Brian!

Trevor

handi2

Always keep a set of electricians wire strippers on hand. They have the threaded holes in them for cutting off screws. It does have the 4-40 and 5-40.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

TongassFisher

I guess this was a pretty simple fix, I just got the sanding bit out for the dremel and took it real slow. Thanks everyone for your help. Bryan, I totally screwed up the spelling of your name in my reply, sorry. It's kind of hard to see in the pic but it turned out well with the screw being flush with the frame. You can rub your finger across the frame and it doesn't catch at all. I'm always leery of using the dremel because stuff can happen really fast but this little 15 minute project turned out great thanks again everyone!!!

I now might need to try my hand at removing materiel from the side plate to accommodate a 2nd dog!

IMG_2110" border="0

Bill B

Good job on the screws....now theres no turning back......Welcome to the Darkside......bwwahahahahaha........ :D    Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

That looks great. Way to go. This is only the beginning.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

PSTNHED

Trevor:

Just finished my Tiburon Senator build, and ran into the same problem.  Here's what I ordered from:  http://www.fishermansheadquarters.com/

These will do the trick ... 039 009 are the longer screws you're going to need; 039 003 are the shorter ones.  BTW they also have a new black handle and drag star. 

Order Details
--------------------------------
Item       : PennPartNumber - 039 009
SKU        : PennPart
Quantity   : 15
Item Price : $0.75
Item Total : $11.25
--------------------------------
Item       : PennPartNumber - 039 003
SKU        : PennPart
Quantity   : 3
Item Price : $0.56
Item Total : $1.68

Here's mine ...

TongassFisher

Thank you for the great information. I'm wondering if you would be willing to share a picture of your build?

Thanks again,

Trevor