Big thanks to forum and Alan

Started by Saaben, June 25, 2016, 10:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saaben

A month or so I was literally torn between a Chinese made 115 and looking for a used 9/0. The opinions online had me more confused than I could possibly imagine. In desperation I reached out to Alan directly to solicit his advice. Alan and everyone on the forum was very helpful and offered good suggestions based on their situations. I just arrived back from the beach and was able to land a number of small sharks which of course posed no problems on a new Chinese made 115.  I did get hooked up with an extremely large what I can only assume was a shark. I was able to battle it for 15 minutes or so as it steadily pulled over 300 yards or so of line. It was simply too large for me and I knew getting it to the beach was going to be problematic and not wise at that time. Fortunately it spit the hook so that took care of that. Bottom line was that the reel held up very well and I would not hesitate to get another should the need arise. I did want to thank everyone again for their help.

RowdyW

We need photos or it didn't happen.  ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

The 9/0 has its limitations, but with a frame, insert and ss gears. It will morph into something it was never meant to be. ;)

Life is Good!