revo inshore

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redfish12

Thanks! I sent an email and they responded with call in, I'll track down the kick lever soon.

Nessie Hunter

NEW, Revo kick lever

New part number is 1156749 and they are available for $2.50 each plus s&h.
Total about $6.50    ----   1-800-228-4272..

I saved this doc a long time ago.   Only guessing the New part number is the same (why would they change it??)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

HOLYSTEEL

Hi Alan, First time servicing reel (revo toro 61) and I have changed out the kick lever, lubed the drag and replaced the fiber washer as well. One rooky question I have is the cross pin on the spool bearing shaft. Is it tapered it looks that way? one rounded end to the pin and one flat. Do I drive the rounded end out which I think it is or the flat end? Thanks Mark Will be modifying a pair of vice grips in the AM.

alantani

it goes in one way and not the other.  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jiggyjig

Hi Alan, I need a kicker for a left hand Revo Inshore - do you know if they are available? Pure Fishing NZ and Australia tell me they are not able to source one for me? They have suggested a Toro kicker would fit? Advice/help appreciated. Cheers JJ

alantani

if you can give me a part number AND tell me the numbers and letters stamped on it, i should be able to find you one. 

jiggyjig

Hi Alan, I am away at work just now, so can't get to the reel. However, I think I have tracked the part down through AbuGarcia in the USA. I will get back to you if I run into problems cheers JJ ;)

jiggyjig

Hey Alan, I found the part, but had shipping problems to NZ. I had it sent to Dawn at SmoothDrag and she combined it with some other bits she was sending over. She's a star!  ;D  The parts arrived today, so I'll be good to go soon. Cheers JJ  ;)

redsetta

G'day JJ,
Feel free to send me a PM if you're having trouble getting hold of any specific parts - I'm in Auckland and will help out where I can.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

jiggyjig

Hey Justin, thanks mate, as posted earlier I tried Pure Fishing NZ but they couldn't help. I'll send you a pm next time I'm stuck. Cheers JJ  ;)

desertpaddler

Just rebuilt my Rev03 Inshore, Generation 3 for the first time. There were some challenging moments, especially with the shaft pin removal, but I was able to make all of the modifications in the thread successfully. I have closed up the real, so don't have a shot of the kicker. It seems to be hard plastic with a steel tip. Maybe that is the new version to make it more salt resistant. A few of the screws are different, so pay attention to which ones go in where as they are all different sizes. I also could not find a new version of the Schematics. The fiber washer is no more and the current version has what looks like a carbon washer, but smoother under the brass gear. It looked very durable, so I skipped the Smooothdrag replacement. By the way, Smooothdrag has been so nice on my other reels. Thanks Alan for this reference.
Dan

alantani