Best rod

Started by sharkman, November 20, 2015, 11:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

My local tackle shop has crowder e series rod and a star aerial rod. Both are same weight class and close to same price. I have never fished either rod and can't find any reviews on e series rod. Any opinions on which is better rod. Both are 15-30 mono conventional. Going to use rod for party boat fishing. The star is a foot longer.

conchydong

I'd go with the Crowder in this case. The Aerial series of Star rods are Chinese imports, not like the old Star rods which were decent rods and made in the USA.

conchydong

Quote from: conchydong on November 21, 2015, 12:21:23 AM
I'd go with the Crowder in this case. The Aerial series of Star rods are Chinese imports, not like the old Star rods which were decent rods and made in the USA. If you need the extra foot in length for partyboat fishing than that is another consideration that must be part of your decision.

Newell Nut

Crowder E series is also a Chinese import. They use Batson Rainshadow blanks and nothing wrong with them but not Made in USA as their decals claim. The really strange thing that they do is us a Rainshadow 15-30 blank and then label it 20-50.

conchydong

That's good information Dwight. I did not realize that the Crowders were imported also. Getting tougher and tougher to find a USA made production rod except for the well known brands from California.

Scott

Newell Nut

My favorite is a Seeker Hercules but I can't knock the Rainshadows. I have built a bunch of them for guys that I fish with regular and they all perform great.

Ron Jones

That's funny. I live down the road from Rainshadow and they make a bunch of blanks in Sequim, Wa. I've watched them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Newell Nut

Depends on the model maybe. Everyone that I have seen has the made in China sticker on the blank. Never saw one with USA sticker on it.