Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

After a long wait, they will be done Wednesday!

There are four colors to choose from: Silver, Black, Green, and Red. I can't guarantee that the Green and Red will match perfectly with the frames that are out there, but it should be close enough that the fish won't mind! ;D
As soon as I get them I will post pictures.

Pricewise, things are close to the original estimate. The addition of polishing did throw things over budget.

I am offering these at $83.00 a set, shipped. Those of you outside the U.S., we'll work out shipping.

They do have clickers and come with all new parts(click knob, dog, spring and hardware.) They also include bearing cups with ABEC-5 open bearings AND a set of bronze bushings! New SST hex drive screws are included,too.

This is the list of people who laid claim to these sets. They have first rights, then I will fill any orders that are added. So if you want a set, post and I'll add you to the list. I know it's been a while, so if any of you on this list want to drop out of the running, I understand, just let me know.

I do need to hear from everyone on the list regarding the knurled bearing cup. I need to know who wants them versus the original screwdriver slot cup.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Rothmar2
dayone
Rustyoldcolt
bsfchen
broadway
mhc
david hall
rjones
twotone
three se7ens
jigmaster501
striperlou
aiala
frank
rancanfish
doug
? ? ? ? --yes this a username!
fishforfun
bluefish69
sluggo
robjob
maxdoubt
swill88
thorhammer
anglingarchitect
alto mare
reel224
foakes
pacrat
vilters
redfish12
sdler
bmitch
p-deverett
rowdyw
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Rancanfish

Yeehaw! I'm ready for two sets of silver! (w/slot screw caps).

And I need three additional bearing cups. (only one is needed if I can't get side plates.

Thanks Tom.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

thorhammer

swill88

Tom...

(1) silver with the original bearing cups.

Are these used with the 500/501 spool or 505/506 HS spool?

Thanks,

Steve

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: swill88 on December 05, 2015, 08:57:54 PM
Tom...

(1) silver with the original bearing cups.

Are these used with the 500/501 spool or 505/506 HS spool?

Thanks,

Steve
500/501
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

twotone

twotone

day0ne

I need a silver and a black. Screwdriver bearing cups ok.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

thorhammer

mhc

One set in red with a knurled bearing cup please Tom - I have sent a PM with my contact/paypal details.
Thanks
Michael
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Aiala

Tom, I'd like one green set with the knurled knob, please. (And I'll send you those Baja Pacific plates once I've got your address.)   :)

~A
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: twotone on December 06, 2015, 02:59:21 AM
Do we pay now or when you get them ?
Please don't send any money until I have everything back from the platers and get everything ready. I'll let you know.
Thanks!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: nelz on December 06, 2015, 07:09:16 AM
How will these work as far as the quick take-apart feature? I have a 500S, it's on the left plate. I'm in for red if it retains it.
You lose the quick takedown screw. Sorry.

foakes

Tom --

I will take one silver and one green set, if I am not too late.

Knurled knobs if possible -- otherwise, screws will be fine.

Thanks,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

Tom,
I'll take a silver set with knurled.
Thanks
Mike