Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: PacRat on January 08, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 08, 2016, 12:15:33 AM
PacRat, sorry I don't know your actual name ::) ;D
Thanks for checking those for us, most don't realize how much work goes into it at times, so we can make it easier for others.

Sal

Sal,
If you ever saw my workspace you would know why I chose the handle 'PacRat'...well that and being from the Pacific coast.
-Mike
;D
I might have you beat, I have (3) workbench at three different locations and just set up a folding table to work on some reels because I didn't have space available . ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

I finshed up my reel. Thanks to Tom for the plates and Alan for the gears and double dog brake plate. I have a world class reel. This is a tight reel and will take time to break in. After getting everthing set and tested it is very very smooth.

Maxed Out

It doesn't get any better than that Mike. Form and function all rolled up in one. If it were any sexier it may make your wife jealous  :o :o

Is that red star aluminum ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

mikeysm

My wife is Filipino as long as bring home the fish with the head shes happy. She never says anything about me building a new reel or rod. I keep her loaded up with homemade Longanisa and Tocino to give to her friends and family.

Bryan Young

Tom, I just got my hands on Dominick's green sideplates...man, you out did yourself.  The are nothing but perfection.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Great job, Mike! Ted's right, she's down right sexy!
Is that an old accurate ball grip and is that an Adam handle?
Sounds like you're wife is one of the special ones👍
Thanks
Dom

mikeysm

Yes it's Adams but cleaned up and buffed out. I still have a little more buffing to make it glidder.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

I do have one question how does Toms plates hold up to laser engraving. That would put the final spin on this build.

Mike

Yogi_fish808

Tom's plates are definitely amazing and the features he added improve on what were already the best upgrades for our jigmasters. Couldn't help myself and scooped up 1 red and 1 green set. Just put my red set together with a tiburon yellowfin kit to get some inspiration on what handle/knob combo I'd like to go with. For sure one of Adam's stainless drag stars, but as for the power handle and knob I'm still deciding. Thank you Tom for making these available to us!

Shakas,
Kyle

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: mikeysm on January 09, 2016, 02:46:01 AM
I do have one question how does Toms plates hold up to laser engraving. That would put the final spin on this build.

Mike
They will take  laser engraving just fine. That's how most manufacturers do it. Just don't go too deep. I will probably do the 4/0 plates like this, or leave blank depending on cost.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

Thanks I will take my side plates to a friend who has a shop that laser engraves. I just need a design.

Mike

Shark Hunter

I finally got around to putting a set of these plates on a Jigmaster.
Fit and finish is superb Tom. I experimented a little with different sleeves and such.
Kudos to Sal and Mike for the dog tip. I only have to put this together once. ;)

The handle might be a little overkill, but that's how I do it. ;)

All I need to do is sand down the spacer, but my garage door is frozen shut.
It dropped in the teens here tonight, with single digits on the way.
Ice Blue Wide Jigmaster, Cobalt Blue 113HLW.
Life is Good!

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 11, 2016, 04:22:46 AM
I finally got around to putting a set of these plates on a Jigmaster.
Fit and finish is superb Tom. I experimented a little with different sleeves and such.

The handle might be a little overkill, but that's how I do it. ;)

All I need to do is sand down the spacer, but my garage door is frozen shut.
It dropped in the teens here tonight, with single digits on the way.
Ice Blue Wide Jigmaster, Cobalt Blue 113HLW.

Beautiful extended jig! I'm waiting on some parts to get my red one together. You got the better newell spool though, atm i can't bear to pull the one i have out of a black accuplate YFS that is already done. How does she cast?